1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The great apostacy or falling away...fulfulled on 11/6/12?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

The borrower is servant to the lender.

If you don't think they have authority over you, stop making your mortgage payments and see if your home doesn't go into foreclosure.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yours might have authority over you, but mine certainly does not. What do I care if a bunch of sticks and concrete goes into foreclosure? That mortgage company lacks the power to make me do anything . but again, nice try.[​IMG]

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The statement being given the thumbs up is merely wanton ignoring of the truth in order to continue justifying supporting that which is against God.

Blaspheming against Jesus is against God.
    False teaching is against God.
    Everything in the man's life is based in the deceptive laws of his faith.

But again, turning a blind eye to the truth in front of you doesn't make it go away.

The country was under God's judgment because of God's people before this election and the country will continue to come under God's judgment post election because of the hypocritical wickedness displayed by God's people during the election cycle.

Until His people humble themselves and turn from our wicked ways and stop acting like our wickedness is the same as His righteousness, this country will continue to get exactly what it deserves.

Unfortunately more and more folks who call themselves Christians will continue to display this same kind of wickedness and continue to justify it as right because they are more concerned about this world than they are about God's eternal Kingdom. And the country will continue to spiral into irrelevance economically and influence wise as a result. And as the US economy goes, so goes the economy of the world. And into that vacuum created by the United States' economy and influence will step the Anti-Christ.

#44 Zaac, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
  5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't get it, Zaac. Romney wasn't elected; yet you're continuing with the same diatribe. What's your purpose at this point?

6. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Well, if you had of actually read the entire post before responding, you would have seen where I said yes, morals do matter. You are side stepping the issue.

So is it about is religion or his morals? Which one are you talking about. I'm not sure of any bad morals with Romney. As far as being a believer, neither candidate was a believer. So I can either not do my duty and elect, or I can elect the one that is the better of the two.

Again, we are not electing a pastor, but a president. I had two real options, I would rather have had Romney than Obama.

7. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Very good point webdog.

8. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    So since you have a mythical "free will"... why don't you repent since you have included yourself, correctly I might add, in the last paragraph. Also how about replacing your avatar of a cross with a pic of yourself?

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are to be subject to local rulers whether they are Christian or not.

1 Peter 2
    13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
    14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
    15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
    16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
    17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
    18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.​

This passage was given in a day when the world was given over to idolatry (same as today only it manifests itself differently).

Colossians 3
    4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
    5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
    6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:​

HankD

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Just saying it again since it needs to be said.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'll let you know as soon as the foolishness about Romney's moral character ceases.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm talking about his immorality that results from his false religion.

And where has God said that it's more important to do your "duty" than it is to obey Him? Obedience is better than sacrifice.

Again, if you're not electing a pastor, then stop talking about things by which pastor's are deemed qualified, i.e. morals.

13. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

What immorality are you speaking of? sounds like you are just blowing smoke. You have not substance.

Where does God say what you are saying? You can't just say something and then say obedience is more important. Please share with me where God said to not vote when you are voting for president if both are unsaved. Please share, or stop your blasphemy of saying God has said something he hasn't.

I can talk about morals all I want. We are talking about voting between two candidates for president(not pastor). so his DOCTRINE is not as important as it would be if we were discussing voting for a pastor. His morals are important. I want good morals in more than just my pastor.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then let me be the "first" to "not be foolish." Romney is n more saved than Obama; perhaps even less. But then again, we baptists like to say the same thing about catholics, lutherans, episcopalians, etc. The fact of the matter is, none of us know anyone else's heart. We only know their fruits. One of those fruits is their espousal of their religious beliefs. Romney is clearly a mormon, with false beliefs about who God is.

Now, since Romney didn't win, he doesn't matter. Obama is sitting in the seat, and will be for the next four years. He claims to be a Christian, but forwards an agenda that is clearly opposite of biblical teachings.

So--what's your purpose now that the election is over?

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I fully agree and we see some glaring issues here in this thread. :(

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Zaac,
    Your posts had gotten better for a while. I see you are back to the same meaningless jaw flapping. Why don't you let Romney go? Why don't you at least try to post a theologically sound post?

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He rejects the One by Whom morality is measured. Everything he does is for selfish, immoral reasons because that's all you can have when you reject Christ

You show me where God says it's more important to vote than it is to obey Him? Christians have nothing in common with that which is lost so why are we throwing our support behind that which does not elevate HIM, but something else? Why are we yoking ourselves to that which is lost? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize how wicked that is. And to add to the wickedness, we tried desperately to justify it because we wanted to win an election.

Forget the effect it would have on the witness for Christ. Forget how it would look to billions of lost people around the world. Forget that we are supposed to be light to darkness. Forget that people will stumble over our seeming duplicity.

We seem to have had our own agenda and that agenda was on the kingdom of this world and its riches and not the Kingdom of heaven. The cherry on top of the cake that highlighted just how wicked it was came from the Billy Graham Organization who in its efforts to get a certain outcome removed Mormonism from the list of cults on its website. That one act summed up what evangelicals were doing to win an election.

Wickedness.

So it's okay for us to say someone is blaspheming now?:laugh: I've made it quite clear what evangelicals have done against God. And it is OUR wickedness that has the country where it is. we just don't want to believe it because we want to believe we were attempting to "BETTER" the country.

Again, wicked. God says Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    And do not lean on your own understanding.
    6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    And He will make your paths straight
    Proverbs 3:5-6

But apparently we chose to take God out the equation since we were electing a President and not a pastor. So his doctrine was not as important.[​IMG]

That which is against Christ is immoral from the soles of its feet to the crown of its head.

14 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. 15 This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. 16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. James 3:14-16

Perfectly displays that which surrounds the selfish ambition of an immoral man who is against Christ.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

To speak God's truth against every ounce of wickedness that comes out of Obama's office just as I did before Christians seemed to lose their minds. This board only got a glimpse of THAT because there weren't too many folks on here supporting that man's wickedness. The majority seemed to be in la la land about that other wicked man.

But God's people need to be called to repentance if just a remnant. It won't be Obama's wicked policies that started his third day in office that screw up this country. It will be the lack of US doing what WE are supposed to do.

The Great falling away is about GOD's people, not the lost. And this election shows just how easy it is to do and for folks to vehemently justify it as something else.

#58 Zaac, Nov 11, 2012
  19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And why don't you worry about your own harassing posts?:thumbsup:

20. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

The election was last tuesday, so when do you plan to start? You just keep harping on about Romney.

#60 Arbo, Nov 11, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.