1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Great Questions Thread, where I Question, you Answer according to Scripture [KJB]

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by One Baptism, Apr 6, 2015.

1. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

The Great Questions Thread:

The Purpose, please Read before posting! Thank you!

Where I alone get to give the Questions,

and whomsoever [*] will are to Answer in charity [1 Cor 13] according to Scripture [KJB, preferred].

Please quote the Question being responded to in all cases. Thank you!

Please be aware that if any do answer any given Question posted by myself, I may ask you, the specific responder(s), to answer another Question or Questions in follow up, in as many successive Questions as needful to get to the root, bottom and core of the Questions intent. Any do not have to answer the follow up Question(s), but if refused, which is ok, others may respond in their stead, but only if the person chooses not to answer the subset Questions, and these are always to be given to help us all have greater clarity in the Scriptures, and so to all, please do not feel that this is in any way an interrogation, though I may press a little or much, and squeeze a bit, yet through it all, it is so that there may be the Light of Heaven shed abroad unto all. :)

Main Questions to all participants and/or responders are to be in Bold Green, and will be given with a numerical number in Bold Red [00001], [00002] and so on. Secondary, Tertiary, etc Questions directed to specific responders will be given the same numerical number in Bold Red, but followed with an Alphabetical ordering in Bold Blue (A), (B), etc. For example, the latter type will look like [000001] (A) followed with the subset question in Bold Green. This will help differentiate the two main types.

Some Questions will be designed to be easy, and some will be designed to be thought provoking, intense and to thoroughly test why you believe what you believe and to see if what you believe lines up with the Scriptures perfectly, or if there needs be adjustment upon our part [yes, I include myself :) ], and other Questions will be given for the simple purpose and pleasure of a "Treasure" hunt in the Scriptures, for therein those pages great wealth is to be found by those diligently seeking it for the Glory of God! [can ya' dig it?]

New Questions will come along was we go, and the New Question will always be the main focus once it is given, though if necessary, an older Question can still be responded to, but please be sure to quote the Question being responded to for all responses, as that will help to eliminate any confusion in responding. Thank you!

No Question is meant to unnecessarily offend, though in some cases certain Questions and even possibly the Answers from the Scripture will necessarily offend some due to the nature and content of the Question, and the Bible being what it is:

Hebrews 4:12 KJB - For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

In those instances, do not look to me, but to the Scripture to see where we are in relation to it, and are we grieving the Holy Spirit in some manner and where are we in our immediate relationship to Christ Jesus, yea even to the Father also in all matters of faith and practice, and if so being, any of us are found to be out of harmony in any way, small or great, through our praying and searching the Scriptures, let us submit to it/Him, even if it means we have to admit we have held to an erroneous or misguided belief or practice. I ask no man to follow me, but ask that like as I, we ought always follow the Lamb whithersoever He goeth. Therefore, if we be in any error, let us humbly turn from it when we know to do so, as we are each individually convinced and convicted by the Holy Spirit Himself, and let us then accept the Truth, which is all the more precious when we receive it from Jesus in the stead of error. What Love the Father gives us in Jesus!

*whomsoever, may also include myself, occasionally. :)

Question [00001] to follow.

#1 One Baptism, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
  2. One Baptism

Question [00001] (an easy Q. to begin with*): In Prophecy and/or symbolic uses, what does a "Sword" represent? (cite examples, and their full references as many as you feel like.)

*This Question may be easy, but if your answer from the Scripture is to reply with: "the word of God" and text references therein - well and good, but if that is the only answer replied, I will immediately ask the responder a subset Question about what else the "Sword" also represents in Prophecy. The answer of "the word of God", would be, 'partially right', and the duty of the responders would be to also reply with the other part(s) being sought for. :)

3. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

You've got to be kidding! Your rules are more complex than the Mosaic law. :BangHead:

4. One Baptism

Please give this thread and me a more long-suffering approach brother! :) As for complex, wait until you see some of the future Questions I already have in mind! Ha! Just take each steady and easy. There is no need to rush into anything. Perhaps you may desire to just watch for awhile to get the flow and feel of how this is to hopefully work when others respond. If no one seems to understand, I may take up the Question myself, to show what is being sought for, OK? With Love [1 Cor 13] to you brother.

Back to the Question.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. One Baptism

Blessings and Truth of the LORD and Saviour Jesus Christ unto you Salty, and a thank you for pointing me to the area. I had already awhile ago posted therein. I was welcomed, warmly.

Back to the Question.

7. One Baptism

Does anyone want to bravely attempt the first [00001] Question? It really is easy. If not, I'ma gunna haz a sad ... :(

... but that is ok, for it will be only for a little while, for when I get to answer if no one else does, I will haz all the glad. :smilewinkgrin:

8. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As they say on Shark Tank, I'm out. I am not the brightest bulb in the bunch, I read you opening post three times and do not see the concept. I understand you want Bible references to the word sword, but the other requirements make little sense to me.

9. One Baptism

Ok, I will answer the first question in a bit, to show how it is done. :) It is simple, you will see, and hopefully you will make an attempt at the next question. I will make that one easy too, just to get this going.

#9 One Baptism, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  10. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Question [00000]: Do you prescribe to a particular flavor of Christianity?

11. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Call me cynical ... but the only person I know that types in black, red, green, and blue and who talks like "I'ma gunna haz a sad" is ...

.....Evangelist-7.

And he's been banned here under that name and at least one other.

12. One Baptism

The intent of the thread is stated in the OP, and I hope that it may be used as such, but if not, perhaps I might have to ask for it to be closed down, and try again in another way. I was hoping this thread would be fun, enlightening to all, challenging and worth-while.

I will not call you 'cynical' sister Scarlett O. It is not edifying, and would not be correct. I do want to address your, as others, concerns though and do not desire to dismiss them.

Please allow me to set you, and others, at ease, ok, sister, and please have patience, as this will be a bit longer to do so?

If you would like me to place a hand upon the Bible, as in courtroom setting, and to lift my right-hand to Heaven, before a judge and court, and to make known the truthfulness of what is to follow, you may consider it to be as if I actually stood there and so did.

Heaven witnesses, and angels record.

I (me, myself) have never posted in these forums before [period]. It was only recently that I was accepted and allowed to post for the first time.

I am not (whomsoever he/she is) this 'Evangelist-7', and never have been, either here, or in any other forum. I am not any other poster who has posted in the past here, since I have never posted in the past in this forum. As stated, this being the first time posting for me here.

I do like size, color, underlining, making bold, and various other methods of attracting attention :thumbs: to key areas, points of thought, of the texts, or response. I find it easier to convey in this way, rather than in simple tiny standardized font, which is hard upon my eyes.

As for the "gonna haz a sad", etc, I was attempting to be humorous and friendly. Epic Fail upon my part apparently. :( If such language does not appeal, I will leave it out altogether, and remain upon the more studious, serious side.

If my methods of posting are offensive and not conducive to relaying the expression of thought to you or others, please let me know, and I will attempt to reduce or eliminate them from my posts. Just let me know if it gets in the way sister, ok? :flower:

I do not desire to offend unnecessarily, for I would rather persons, even brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, come to the Texts of Scripture, and the evidences and read them for what they themselves say, rather than be distracted or prejudiced because myself, simply due to my posting methods being different than others, or possibly even similar to others who have been 'banned' as you said. I would not want my responses being mis-judged, simply because someone else of the past, who now apparently being 'banned', wrote in a similar style of font, color, or method.

I have never known on any forum, as far as I can recall, ever meeting, speaking with, or responding to a person going by the name 'Evangelist-7', or any other moniker that person might have used.

I do not know the past history of this 'Evangelist-7' (nor most of you for that matter, except as reading through a few bio's), and so I cannot say where that person came from, but I can tell you something (in brief) of where I am coming from, ok?

I did not want to bring it (my past) up in this forum, due to the very nature of the OP. I did not want to color, or bias anyone against the questions or of what may be presented from Scripture. What was desired, is that everything be tested by the Scripture, even as it is written:

2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Acts 17:11 - These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

1 Corinthians 14:32 - And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

Matthew 7:16 - Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

2 Corinthians 13:1 - "... In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

Isaiah 8:20 - To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 - Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

and so on.

All things, in every matter of Faith and Practice, should be tested by the word of God, for it is written:

John 16:13 - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 17:17 - Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Therefore, that you may know for certainty, and that which is true, I come from the Roman Catholicism background, born and raised in a family of Roman Catholics.

I am no longer of the religion of Roman Catholicism, as of a few years ago (approx. 7), and in future, in another thread, I hope to share why that is, with much evidence, including in Latin, Greek, photo, and so on from the official and most exalted sources therein.

I can speak with certainty, with knowledge, with experience, that Christ Jesus delivered me from gross darkness and sin.

I like to share with all, and even those that people (like some Christians) despise, such as Muslims, Roman Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Latter-day Saints (Mormons), Atheists, Agnostics, Evolutionists (atheistic or theistic, other), Wiccans, Pagans and so on. I make the distinction between the person and the belief/practice where possible.

For instance, if a Jehovah's Witness comes to my door, I love to share with them, from the Bible, even their own NWT if necessary.

I love to study the Bible and to share what Christ Jesus has given to me from it, though I do find that not all people are so inclined to listen or to study matters out for themselves in prayer, but cling to personal opinions masquerading as doctrine of Christ Jesus. I have fit that pattern in the past, especially when I was of the faith of Roman Catholicism (and I do not speak for anyone else, only myself here).

I pray, sister, that these things help you, and all, to understand a bit more about me, and that I cannot be, and never have been, in any way, in any forum this 'Evangelist-7', and that this is my first time posting in this forum.

Truly, I am not your enemy. Our enemy is defined by Scripture.

Truth (John 14:6), even the love of Him, is paramount to me.

13. One Baptism

OK, I get to answer the Question [00001]. Yea! :smilewinkgrin:

In Prophecy and/or symbolic uses, throughout the Bible, a "sword" is used in the following ways [not an exhaustive listing, but brief, and some can fulfill multiple categories]:

Part 1. - The Two Main Swords, Church [word of God] and State [political powers]:

[1.] Words, of God or men:

[A.] Sword of the Church, the Word of God, in the mouth, in The Book:

Isaiah 27:1 - In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that [is] in the sea.

Isaiah 49:2 - And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;

Ephesians 6:17 - And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Revelation 1:16 - And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance [was] as the sun shineth in his strength.

Revelation 2:12 - And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

Revelation 2:16 - Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

[B.] Bitter/harsh words of men, cutting words, words of strife/war:

Psalm 55:21 - [The words] of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war [was] in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet [were] they drawn swords.

Psalm 59:7 - Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords [are] in their lips: for who, [say they], doth hear?

Psalm 64:3 - Who whet their tongue like a sword, [and] bend [their bows to shoot] their arrows, [even] bitter words:

Proverbs 12:18 - There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise [is] health.

Proverbs 30:14 - [There is] a generation, whose teeth [are as] swords, and their jaw teeth [as] knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from [among] men.

[2.] Sword of the State, State/Political and/or Policing power, sometimes wrongly used to persecute, especially when Religion/Church wrongfully enters in to wield it:

Daniel 7:7 - After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it [was] diverse from all the beasts that [were] before it; and it had ten horns.

Daniel 7:19 - Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth [were of] iron, and his nails [of] brass; [which] devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

Zechariah 13:7 - Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man [that is] my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Matthew 26:47 - And while he yet spake, lo, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and elders of the people.

Matthew 26:51 - And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out [his] hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.

Matthew 26:52 - Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Matthew 26:53 - Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

Matthew 26:55 - In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me.

Mark 14:43 - And immediately, while he yet spake, cometh Judas, one of the twelve, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and the scribes and the elders.

Mark 14:48 - And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and [with] staves to take me?

Luke 22:38 - And they said, Lord, behold, here [are] two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Luke 22:49 - When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword?

Luke 22:50 - And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.

Luke 22:51 - And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

Luke 22:52 - Then Jesus said unto the chief priests, and captains of the temple, and the elders, which were come to him, Be ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and staves?

John 18:3 - Judas then, having received a band [of men] and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons.

Acts 12:1 - Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth [his] hands to vex certain of the church.

Acts 12:2 - And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.

Acts 22:4 - And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women.

Acts 26:11 - And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled [them] to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted [them] even unto strange cities.

Romans 13:3 - For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Romans 13:5 - Wherefore [ye] must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

1 Corinthians 15:9 - For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

2 Corinthians 10:4 - (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Galatians 1:13 - For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

Galatians 1:23 - But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

Galatians 4:29 - But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him [that was born] after the Spirit, even so [it is] now.

Revelation 12:13 - And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man [child].

Revelation 13:10 - He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Revelation 13:14 - And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Part 1.

14. One Baptism

Part 2:

[3.] Division by God, separation work (Wheat from Chaff, Sheep from Goat, Wheat from Tare, Gold/Silver from Dross, Wise from Foolish, True from False, Light from Darkness), cutting asunder, splitting in half:

Ezekiel 21:3 - And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I [am] against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.

Matthew 10:34 - Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Matthew 10:35 - For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

[4.] Judgment from God, sometimes by Him using a nation (their armies with weapons, or war) to punish another, or by messenger(s) (men, or even heavenly beings) from God, or by other means:

1 Chronicles 21:15 - And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

1 Chronicles 21:16 - And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the LORD stand between the earth and the heaven, having a drawn sword in his hand stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders [of Israel, who were] clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces.

1 Chronicles 21:27 - And the LORD commanded the angel; and he put up his sword again into the sheath thereof.

1 Chronicles 21:30 - But David could not go before it to enquire of God: for he was afraid because of the sword of the angel of the LORD.

Job 19:29 - Be ye afraid of the sword: for wrath [bringeth] the punishments of the sword, that ye may know [there is] a judgment.

Psalm 149:6 - [Let] the high [praises] of God [be] in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;

Psalm 149:7 - To execute vengeance upon the heathen, [and] punishments upon the people;

Psalm 17:13 - Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, [which is] thy sword:

Psalm 17:14 - From men [which are] thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, [which have] their portion in [this] life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid [treasure]: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their [substance] to their babes.

Isaiah 13:5 - They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, [even] the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

Isaiah 21:15 - For they fled from the swords, from the drawn sword, and from the bent bow, and from the grievousness of war.

Isaiah 34:5 - For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.

Isaiah 34:6 - The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, [and] with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

Jeremiah 47:6 - O thou sword of the LORD, how long [will it be] ere thou be quiet? put up thyself into thy scabbard, rest, and be still.

Jeremiah 51:20 - Thou [art] my battle axe [and] weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms;

Ezekiel 11:10 - Ye shall fall by the sword; I will judge you in the border of Israel; and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Ezekiel 14:17 - Or [if] I bring a sword upon that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it:

Ezekiel 21:3 - And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I [am] against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.

Ezekiel 28:7 - Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.

Ezekiel 30:24 - And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put my sword in his hand: but I will break Pharaoh's arms, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of a deadly wounded [man].

Ezekiel 30:25 - But I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and the arms of Pharaoh shall fall down; and they shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I shall put my sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it out upon the land of Egypt.

Ezekiel 32:12 - By the swords of the mighty will I cause thy multitude to fall, the terrible of the nations, all of them: and they shall spoil the pomp of Egypt, and all the multitude thereof shall be destroyed.

Zechariah 13:7 - Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man [that is] my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Revelation 2:16 - Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Revelation 19:15 - And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Revelation 19:21 - And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which [sword] proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Part 2

There are of course many other passages which will generally fit into those categories, but are not here presented, but all may look them up. Let me know if any see another category! I always love to learn more from the word of God and to increase in the knowledge and wisdom of God.

15. One Baptism

I pray that the demonstration in how to go about addressing any given Question is found to be useful. If any desire to add unto that answer already given, please feel free to do so :thumbsup:, just please remember to quote the original Question in the reply, so that answers to other Questions which will come will not be confused with the reply to any other specific Question.

The next Question, will also be easy, just to get this thread going, for hopefully the idea is now manifested plainly and any hesitancy which may have existed in answering a Question is now removed afar off, and it may be of real use and for some exciting studies and searches in the word.

16. matt wade

If think if you've come here looking for contestants for your game, you will be sorely disappointed.

17. One Baptism

Question [00002] (another easy question) : In Scripture, what is clearly defined as being "Truth"? (cite examples, and their full references as many as you feel like.)

18. One Baptism

I do not know what I have done to offend you, brother, or anyone for that matter in these forums, so far, and so not to ignore you in any way or to disparage your feelings about me, and though I do not understand why it may be so, may I ask for your forgiveness, in all seriousness; would you please forgive me?

The intent of the OP, and throughout, is to learn and study together, and to have an exciting time doing so. I realize that the thread, from the OP, is geared to a specific way of doing things, but it is so that the thread remains upon a specific topic at a time where possible, and orderly:

1 Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

If it may be because only myself is to ask the Questions from the outset, well, it is, afterall my thread which is made, but is also for orderly conduct, but please take notice, I also participate in answering the Questions too, and thus am as vulnerable as anyone to posting to the Questions.

I hope that you have not found any error in the answers provided so far from the Scriptures, to the Question(s), but if you do, please let me know with Scripture, and I will be glad to consider all such concerns, for as I have stated before, I am only following after the Truth. I am a Bible believing/practicing Christian, and every single thing I believe/practice can be found in its pages, but and if there be anything found to be contrary to the word of God, I must of necessity give it up, and cling to Truth, for as was stated error cannot ever sanctify:

John 17:17 - Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

I just gave away one of the several texts which can be used for the [00002] Question.

Without animosity, nor prejudice to you or anyone here, if you, brother matt wade, personally feel that you cannot participate in this thread, for whatever reason(s) you deem foundational to that, please know that I will not be offended, though I will be saddened. I do not jest, nor mock, in any way your present position for doing so, but am most serious in my feeling and intents.

And so, truly, I ask again brother matt wade, for whatever reasons you presently hold to about me, please forgive me of any wrong you perceive that I have done to cause such undo separation.

Romans 14:7 - For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

For as it is written that, "no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way." (Romans 14:13)

1 Corinthians 13:1 - Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1 Corinthians 13:2 - And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:3 - And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:4 - Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1 Corinthians 13:5 - Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1 Corinthians 13:6 - Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

1 Corinthians 13:7 - Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1 Corinthians 13:8 - Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1 Corinthians 13:9 - For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

1 Corinthians 13:10 - But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

1 Corinthians 13:11 - When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1 Corinthians 13:12 - For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 Corinthians 13:13 - And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

If not brother, matt wade, I do not hold anything against you, for I know, even in the inmost heart, what infinite price was given for me, and so also for you.

Romans 2:4 - Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Romans 11:33 - O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Ephesians 2:4 - But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Philippians 4:19 - But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Colossians 1:27 - To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 2:2 - That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

James 2:5 - Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

And even though I (we) have such riches, we are far more wealthy to glory in the LORD, and to know God:

Jeremiah 9:23 - Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise [man] glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty [man] glory in his might, let not the rich [man] glory in his riches:

Jeremiah 9:24 - But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I [am] the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these [things] I delight, saith the LORD.

I pray that these things may help us all. Amen.

Back to Question [00002].

#18 One Baptism, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  19. matt wade

You have not offended me at all. I was simply letting you know that you shouldn't be disappointed if you don't get the level of participation in this thread that you've hoped for. You've obviously put a lot of time into this.

20. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How right you are!