1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Great Questions Thread, where I Question, you Answer according to Scripture [KJB]

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by One Baptism, Apr 6, 2015.

1. lakeside

lakeside New Member

DHK, in my post #53 the word for church is ekklesia, as you stated and which I agree to, so tell me your explanation of the passage of { Matt.18: 15-18 } One thing we do know for certain it does not say bring the brother to the Holy Bible, because the Bible only speaks of the ekklesia as having the final decision on matters of doctrinal teaching, of course Holy Scripture is used but it takes the Ekklesia to decide in matters of the Christian faith and morals.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I already did, here:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2221560&postcount=56

3. lakeside

lakeside New Member

DHK, I never call the Christian Faith as Christian Religion, if you properly read my posts completely ,instead of just enough to find ammo to fire back at me with, you would have noticed that fact.
    Still waiting for you to describe the passage found in Matt.18: 15-18, just change the word from church to ekklesia. Like I said before, notice Jesus never tells those early Christians to take their problem brother to the Bible, but He does tell them to bring the problem brother to the ekklesia.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have answered that question twice.
    I have explained it twice. What do you not understand about my answer?
    The ekklesia is a local church not the monstrosity of the RCC.
    Every local church must deal with its own problems, and that is what Christ is teaching. The RCC does not and cannot do this. When a person falls into immorality most of the time they don't even know about it. When a priest falls into immorality, they just switch him to another parish. If it is of a criminal nature they don't even prosecute him most of the time--just sweep it under the rug and hide him in another parish--blatant disregard for the law of the land.
    What interest do you have in this passage of scripture when the RCC never practices it?

5. lakeside

lakeside New Member

DHK, Jesus never intended any of His churches to be in disunity of doctrinal teaching as you find in Protestantism. I will show you from your only source for salvation and that would be your Bible Alone man-made system of salvation. On unity - Jesus said - ... One Lord, one faith, one Baptism, one God and Father of all. In your Protestant churches you have so many different ,conflicting teachings that it is mind boggling. read Eph 4:3-6 Jesus also spoke in Romans 16:17-18 that He does not want any dissention and difficulties in opposition to the doctrine "which you have been taught " [ the doctrine was already "in place then", them Protestantism in the 16th century tried to introduce a different gospel of doctrine } also 1 Cor 1: 10 agrees and supports that previous verse.You are mistaken, because Jesus "DiD want and still wants His Church to be , as you said; " monstrosity" whole world as in Matt 28:18-20 is a monstrosity of a church, wouldn't you say, or are you going to contradict the Word's of Jesus ?

#65 lakeside, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
  6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [FONT=&quot]The 33,000 Denominations Myth - Alpha and Omega Ministries[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]From that source [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]"his source lists 242 Roman Catholic denominations![/FONT][FONT=&quot] If these ever-so-careful researchers had bothered to read on to page 16, they would have discovered:[/FONT]

Much of the splintering in Protestantism is merely the result of reverting the errors introduced in the dark ages.

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The Protestant argument is not that the Church of God is useless.

The argument is that the RCC introducted false doctrine.

The idea that if the RCC has introduced false doctrine then it must be true that there is no more value, no need for the Church --is not sound.

in Christ,

Bob