1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Great Tribulation, near the end: Isa 24:17-23

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by beameup, Feb 21, 2012.

1. beameup

beameup Member

Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitants of the earth. And it shall come to pass,
    that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the
    midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations
    of the earth do shake. The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
    The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a hut; and the transgression thereof
    shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD
    shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
    And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison,
    [Armageddon]
    and after many days shall they be visited. Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed,
    when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

Many have conjectured that a "near pass-by" of another celestial body [asteroid?] would reek havoc upon the crust of the earth
    and cause a "tidal effect" of the crust. As well, the earth could reverse poles. This "effect" can currently be observed
    on other bodies within our solar system. As well, current evidence suggests that our moon was formed (cast off) by a collision.
    "The Great and Terrible Day of the LORD" indeed.

#1 beameup, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
  2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    THIS WAS FULFILLED AT PENTECOST

27And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come. 32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

3. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe some of this also described the events during the crucifixion shortly before Pentecost. The sun became dark and the moon became as blood (blood moon, lunar eclipse).

4. Baptist boy

Baptist boy New Member

Or it could be describing the day the sixth seal is opened.

Revelation 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbsup: i am still working on it

6. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

have to keep in mind that many times there was both a partial and future fulfillment in the Bible!

Like isaiah prophesied about both the son born during his time, and the ONE that was still to come as Messiah!

So when reading these OT prophecies, have to keep that in mind!