1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Great White Throne

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jedi Knight, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have heard some believers say the Great White Throne is ALL mankind "including believers" will be there to be judged. Some believe this is only for the lost. What are your convictions on this matter?

2. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

When Jesus returns (first resurrection) all deceased saints return with him, these are not judged at the GWT, it has no power over them.

When Jesus returns only the "LIVING" are separted (wheat/tares) angels cast all tares into hell to wait for the GWT, the rest of the dead, (unsaved) stay dead until the GWT.

Those who live/die during the MK will be resurrected at the GWT to stand Judgment with those resurrected from hell. (Sheep/Goats)

The GWT is the only time Sheep/Goats are resurrected at the same time.

http://i42.tinypic.com/3qyki.jpg

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The Great White Throne Judgment is the general judgment promised by Jesus Christ in John 5:28, 29. Revelation 20:12 clearly shows that all mankind will appear before Jesus Christ at this time. Fortunately those whose names are written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world have had their judgment taken by Jesus Christ and they shall hear: "Enter thou into the joy of the Lord."

Matthew 24:31-46 presents another picture with additional detail of this general judgment.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is my understanding that only the lost will appear before the Great White Throne Judgment. However I would not rule out believers being present as witnesses. The Great White Throne Judgment is the "resurrection of judgment" spoken of by Jesus in John 5:28-29. At this judgment there is no mention of any saved from earth or paradise. There is only mention of the dead, death, and Hades. They are judged by their works (20:12-13) and then cast into hell because their names were not in the Lamb's Book of Life (20:14-15).

5. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Only those that go into the lake of fire.