1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Great Whore is Religious Rome

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

No, the reason they are predominant is because there are so many more or them. There are approximately 1.2 Billion Catholics in the world. However, there are fewer than 100 Million Baptists. Twelve times as many!

I've already explained why the news reports on Catholics but not so much on Baptists. And the Baptist churches are full of predators. I recommend you spend about 10 minutes reading this blog.

http://stopbaptistpredators.blogspot.com/
    $12.5 Million awarded against the Florida Baptist Convention less than one month ago.

Yes, all of them pitifully benighted. They dropped than nonsense about 100 years ago when they came out of their persecution complexes.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent. Thank you. Some very good points made in that 'pamphlet', not the least of which is:

"This passage gives us one reason why the Catholic Church cannot be the Whore. We are told that the heads "are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come." If five of these kings had fallen in John’s day and one of them was still in existence, then the Whore must have existed in John’s day."

Indeed she existed at the time of the writing, the whore is the same unfaithful wife of Jehovah that's continually presented throughout the OT, even from her very earliest beginnings:

16 And Jehovah said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and play the harlot after the strange gods of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
    17 Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall come upon them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us because our God is not among us?
    19 Now therefore write ye this song for you, and teach thou it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the children of Israel.
    21 And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are come upon them, that this song shall testify before them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they frame this day, before I have brought them into the land which I sware.
    22 So Moses wrote this song the same day, and taught it the children of Israel.
    29 For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do that which is evil in the sight of Jehovah, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands. Dt 31

The above is quoted from the Song of Moses [Dt 31:16-Dt 32] which had only one purpose, and that was to bear witness before God against Israel when evil would befall them in the latter days for their harlotry! The Song of Moses is being sang in Rev 15:3!

The two women in Rev 12 and Rev 17 are the same two women of Gal 4:22-31.

#42 kyredneck, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  3. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Mystery Babylon no longer a mystery

And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

[​IMG]

Note the Two-horned miter embossed with golden image of a woman.

4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was going to just ignore you, but this is just too idiotic to ignore. The miter DOES NOT have two horns, the miter symbolizes the flames of the Holy Spirit. The only 'horns' are the ones you are wanting to see. Why don't you pick up a book and do some reading before you post this garbage?

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never did see Rome/papacy as being the beast/Antichrist of revelation as Calvin and Luther did,but would say they Rome would indeed fit as being the fale prophet/one world church of end times, who would support/be mouthpiece foor Antichrist!

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Did they? One of the most prolific evangelical writers of this century has been Dave Hunt. He has written a good number of books on the end times one of which is "A Woman Rides The Beast."
    In chapter twelve he says this:

He leaves nothing undocumented.

Perhaps you should be the one doing more research. Many evangelicals hold to the same view today.

7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is another response to Dave Hunt's book-yes, I have read Hunt's book:

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-whore-of-babylon

''Since the Whore persecuted apostles and prophets, the Whore must have existed in the first century. This totally demolishes the claim that Christian Rome or Vatican City is the Whore. Rome was not a Christian city at that time, and Vatican City did not even exist, so neither of them could be the Whore.'

#47 Walter, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  8. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another interesting collection of symbols, false religion, and inquisitions: seawaves.us/na/Inquisitions.html.

For certain: someone is given over to strong delusion.

Whatever happened to the Bride of Christ?

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Note the leaders committing fornication with her:

Satan At The Wailing Wall

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I guess I have to agree with Biblicist on this one.

in Christ,

Bob

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is the Miter a fish hat without the fish cape? The fish hat was a practice in certain religious circles long before the Pope.

[​IMG]

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Pagan Rome persecuted the saints in the first few centuries after the cross -- but nothing in Rev 17 says that the impure woman of that chapter - began persecuting the church in the first century.

in Christ,

Bob

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

OK, Let’s go over this passage verse by verse and see what it actually teaches:
    Rev 17:1-3
    1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
    2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
    3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
    --The “whore” is a great prostitute who sits on “many waters.” John has been invited to come and witness this scene. This evil woman symbolizes the religious system of Babylon. The “waters” symbolize “peoples” of all kinds: multitudes, nations, and languages, as is noted in verse 15:

Revelation 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
    --The angel tells John (vs.2), that the kings of the earth have committed adultery with the woman. IOW, they have become a part of the religious system which she symbolized. Note that there is no other person on earth that has entertained so many different heads of state that the Pope. With each one he tries to make some kind of friendship.

Again, consider 14:8
    Revelation 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
    --The Pope entertains all nations. No other leader has entertained as many foreign dignitaries as he has.

In verse 3, John was then taken in the spirit (his spirit), that is via a vision not bodily, to a desert where he saw the woman herself. Now the woman is sitting on a scarlet beast which has 10 horns and 7 heads. This beast is a reference to the world government, not the woman. The 10 horns are later defined (17:12), as 10 kings who had not received a kingdom yet. The 7 heads seem point to prominent rulers of a future Roman Empire.

Rev 17:4
    4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
    --This woman is adorned in similar religious garb typical of the RCC today, plus some other liturgical churches. The colors and precious stones can represent glory, but here they reveal a false religion which prostitutes the truth.
    --She has in her hand a golden cup full of the abominations and filthiness of her adulteries. Verse 2 says “the wine of her adulteries or fornications.” This symbolizes her false religion which is also confirmed by the words written in her forehead MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The ESV translates the verse this way:
    (ESV) And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: "Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth's abominations."
    --Note that the word, “mystery” is not a part of the title itself, but rather describes the title as being “mysterious.” It goes back to Babel in chapters 10 and 11 of Genesis, where they mystery Babylonian religion began. The city of Babylon has its roots there, and all world religions have their root there.

Throughout Biblical history Babylon has played a very important part—both religiously and politically. Various religious practices have been observed in connection with this false Babylonian religion, including a recognition of mother and child as God, and of creating an order of virgins who became religious prostitutes.
    When the Persians took over Babylon in 539 they discouraged the continuation of the mystery religions of Babylon. But those deeply involved in Babylonian worship, in the mystery religions, that is, moved to Pergamum (one of the seven churches of chapters 2 and 3). They wore crowns in the shape of fish heads to honor the fish god. The crown bore the words “Keeper of the Bridge.” The same crown was later used by the bishop of Rome. Translated into Latin it is: Pontifex Maximus (Major Keeper of the Bridge). The leader of the mystery Babylonian religion today is the Pope.
    What is Babylon? Babylon is the symbol of apostasy and blasphemous substitution of idol-worship of God. We see this especially in this chapter and how she is judged.

Rev 17:6
    6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
    --The woman symbolizes the apostate religious system.
    --She is drunk with the blood of the saints.
    This makes it clear that in the time leading up to the coming of Christ there will be less and less true Biblical Christianity, and more and more apostate Christianity, such as we have in the RCC, and liberal Protestant churches. Jesus said: “When I come shall I find faith on the earth?” In fact, there will be an attempt from the apostate church to kill those who truly profess Christ (which is what we see in the world today). In the Tribulation it will have reached a climax. In the latter part of verse 6, John expresses great astonishment at this revelation.

Rev 17:7-8
    7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
    8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
    --Here the angel gives John an explanation. The bottomless pit or the abyss is the home of Satan (11:7). The power behind this ruler is satanic (13:4). Satan and the man he controls are closely identified. Their power is one.
    The beast “was, is not, and shall ascend,” indicates that this personage is in the future. The supernatural survival and revival of both the world ruler and his empire will impress the world as being supernatural and will lead to worship of the beast and Satan.

Note verse seven again:
    7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
    --There is a woman (the second beast of Rev.13:11), who is called the false prophet.
    This woman, the false prophet, rides on top of another beast—the first beast of chapter 13 and verse one who is the actual anti-christ. The anti-christ will be the head of a one-world government. The false prophet will be the head of a one-world religion. The woman is the false prophet which many here believe is the RCC. I believe the RCC will have a major part in this one world religion. It will be a one world religion and it will have a head. That head is the “false prophet” who works hand in hand with the antichrist, and eventually will be destroyed by him.

BTW, your link is bogus. It is a Catholic link set up for the precise reason of countering “fundamentalism,” and not interested in any Biblical understanding at all.

14. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ANY Catholic source I might provide is going to be brushed aside by anti-Catholics on this board like yourself. You consider any Catholic material 'propaganda' & 'Catholic brainwashing'. Well, most evangelicals reject your interpretation of Revelation and do not buy the 'Catholic Church, Whore of Babylon myth'. It is held by only the most biased Catholic haters who try to make bogus connections to a passage of scripture that most thinking people reject. Here is an evangelical writers position. Quite interesting and a little amusing.

http://shoebat.com/2013/06/25/vatican-as-the-harlot-of-babylon-debunked/

"A Taborite army under the command of John “the One Eyed,” captured the castle of Sedlec, killed its owner Ulrich and all of his retainers, and then cruelly told a group of six that if one of them wanted to be spared he had to decapitate the other five (and one of them did in fact comply).

The One Eyed was ruthless and pitiless; he captured priests and monks and burnt them alive, for he saw them as the ones who persecuted John Hus. Divisions broke out within the Hussites and the One Eyed saw to it that dissenters were also put to the flames." (yep, drunk on the blood of the saints, indeed!)

#54 Walter, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  15. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I didn't directly say it will be the vatican, but only that the Pope will have an important role. Read carefully the commentary I gave on these first few verses. If you read the commentary only, I gave it without bias.
    Here are some factors to consider:
    In the future:
    1. There will be a one-world government--headed by the antichrist.
    2. There will be a one-world religion--headed by the false prophet, who supports the antichrist.
    3. These two persons will emerge at the beginning of the Tribulation Period, a period of seven years where God will pour out his wrath upon this earth.
    4. At the end of this period Christ will come again, defeat the antichrist and false prophet, throw them into the Lake of Fire forever (Rev.20:10).
    5. Christ's coming has always been, and still is immanent. That means it could happen at any time. Paul expected his coming. John who lived later than the destruction of Jerusalem (ca. 98-102 A.D.) expected his coming. He closes Revelation with a prayer: "Even so come Lord Jesus."
    6. I believe there is a rapture that will happen first where all true believers will be raptured before the Tribulation before The Tribulation. This is a contentious point but it does not affect the rest of the interpretation of the chapter or who the beasts are.
    7. More on topic, who is the false prophet, and how will the one-world religion come to exist.
    --There are certain factors that are in play right now that are bringing religions together:
    They are:
    a. The ecumenical movement (which the RCC is very much involved in).
    b. The Charismatic movement (which is bringing many denominations together, and has also infiltrated the RCC).
    c. The coming together of "Christianity" and "Islam" in a religion called "Chrislam," which is gaining in popularity.

With these events in play one can see how easy it is for religions to unite. There will be a one world religion. I believe the Pope could be that one world leader. If it is a charismatic Muslim leader, would the Pope submit to him. I don't think so. Rather it is one who is able to do miracles. Therefore he will be a charismatic Pope. Francis seems to fit that bill somewhat, but I would never be dogmatic on that. That would be foolish for me to state that.
    It will be someone whom both Islam and Christians will follow.
    That is another reason why I believe true believers will be raptured before this happens. They wouldn't fall for such deception.

The Bible says that all the world will believe "a lie." The lie is that the antichrist is God or takes the place of God. The Catholics already believe that. He is the vicar of Christ. What exactly does that mean?

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    1. First apostasy.
    2. Then the man of sin, the antichrist shall be revealed.

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    --He opposes God, and all that the true God represents. He will declare himself as God.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    --No doubt the power and signs and lying wonders will be helped along with the false prophet, the leader of the one-world church who will be able to do these miracles through the power of Satan.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    --All the world will reject the truth of God. They will not be saved.

2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    --For that reason God will send them a strong delusion that they will believe the antichrist's lie that he indeed is God, as he declared himself to be.

2 Thessalonians 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
    --Their fate is doomed. They have rejected the truth.
    True believers will not be in the Tribulation.

That is evident from these comforting and encouraging words that Paul gives in the very next verse:
    2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

17. Protestant

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666." (Rev. 13:18)

The First Beast = Antichrist

The First Beast = a man

Antichrist = a man

But what man?

Roman Church = Western Church = Latin Church

Roman/Latin Church made war with the saints for centuries.

Head of Roman/Latin Church authorized persecutions, Inquisitions and Crusades.

Head of Roman/Latin Church not a peaceful, gentle Christ-like Lamb, but a raging, murdering Satanic Beast.

Head of Roman/Latin Church = Pope

Pope = First Beast = Antichrist = ‘Latin Man’

‘Latin Man’ translated into Greek = ΛΑΤΕΙΝΟΣ = LATEINOS

Greek letters have numerical values.

Numerical value of LATEINOS = 666

Pope = Antichrist

L = LAMBDA.........30
    A = ALPHA.............1
    T = TAU.............300
    E = EPSILON..........5
    I = IOTA..............10
    N = NU................50
    O = OMICRON.......70
    S = SIGMA..........200
    ........................ 666

18. Protestant

Catholic Church Admits Miters Have Horns

"And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon."

[​IMG]

“From about 1125 a mitre of another form and somewhat different appearance is often found. In it the puffs on the sides had developed into horns (cornua) which ended each in a point and were stiffened with parchment or some other interlining. This mitre formed the transition to the third style of mitre which is essentially the one still used today: the third mitre is distinguished from its predecessor, not actually by its shape, but only by its position on the head. While retaining its form, the mitre was henceforth so placed upon the head that the cornua no longer arose above the temples but above the forehead and the back of the head. The lappets had naturally, to be fastened to the under edge below the horn at the back. The first example of such a mitre appeared towards 1150. Elaborate mitres of this kind had not only an ornamental band (circulus) on the lower edge, but a similar ornamental band (titulus) went vertically over the middle of the horns. In the fourteenth century this form of mitre began to be distorted in shape. Up to then the mitre had been somewhat broader than high when folded together, but from this period on it began, slowly indeed, but steadily, to increase in height until, in the seventeenth century, it grew into an actual tower. Another change, which, however, did not appear until the fifteenth century, was that the sides were no longer made vertical, but diagonal. In the sixteenth century it began to be customary to curve, more or less decidedly, the diagonal sides of the horns. The illustration gives a summary of the development of the shape of the mitre.”

(Authoritative Source: 1911 Catholic Encyclopedia Online: MITRE)

19. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is more 'crack-pottery' for 'ya! My favorite is near the bottom. The table which adds up the numbers of REX LATINVS SACERDOS, which is supposed to mean "King of the Roman Priests." I can tell you that it does not mean that. This is one of those rare finds of numerological crack-pottery, wishful thinking, and complete ignorance of Latin. Quite impressive:

http://www.remnantofgod.org/666.htm

Hey, we can all find hidden symbolism if we look hard enough and WANT it to symbolize what we want it to symbolize. Ok, let's take a look at the popular Jesuit name, 'Severinus', that those pagan Papists like!
    Sev==like seven, but not completely seven, therefore not perfect...so it must be....um....6

er==like error, since all of the Romish Church is in error, clearly since it already bears the mark of the beast, this too equals 6

inus==sort of like Linus, the supposed "second Pope" but really was the name of the pagan Roman High Priest of the Blue Shroud Which is Drug About the Ground, as depicted in this fool pagan idol....(Lord, I pray that all who read this won't fall down and worship it, like those depraved pagans and their pagan statues and graven images.........)
    Look--he's wearing that cap of devil horns like the Papist "bishops..." He's even placing his thumb in his mouth!! Clearly, this perversion and depravity is forbidden by the Second Commandment, even though I can't remember how!! I can't research that though, as this would violate the biblical principle of using the Bible alone...maybe I'll figure out my interpretation later...anyway, on a scale of one to ten, this name gets a 6! (good Lord!)

So, this name the Jesuit Papists love so much is clearly a work of Satan himself. Repent of your evil ways, Jesuits!! Come back to the light!!

#59 Walter, Feb 16, 2014
  20. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I must say, DHK, I have not heard of 'Chrislam' before reading your post. I did a little checking and read an article Rick Warren wrote. However, it does involve denying the deity of Christ, something that would involve changing two-thousand years of Catholic dogma. Not going to happen. As churches such as the Worldwide Church of God, LDS, Episcopal Church, Presbyterian Church USA, and on, and on, have changed their doctrines over the years, even the majority of members on this board have commented that the Catholic Church's Christology is solid. Actually the Catholic Church has never changed its doctrines. She has held fast. That is why so many reject her for not approving modern views of contraception, homosexuality, etc. What she does change however are her disciplines. Disciplines are changeable but doctrine is not changeable because they are truths revealed by God–such as the incarnation, Trinity, Virgin Birth, etc. But disciplines are practices the Church decides to use to help lead the faithful to a deeper Faith and relationship with Our Lord.

Read a little about what the Catholic Church believes is necessary for true ecumenism. It doesn't involve the Catholic Church creating a new religion from some 'theological cafeteria' created by compromise with various Protestant denominations.

#60 Walter, Feb 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.