1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Greatest Football Club is?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Ben W, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Yep,

John Terry must win Footballer of the Year this year. I watched him in action at Stamford Bridge and I have to say I have never seen a defender with a better grasp of his game. He has outshone Sol Campbell by far,

2. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

That's ok, James. I'm getting a kick out of the enthusiasm of our European brothers. </font>[/QUOTE][/qb][/QUOTE]i have to chuckle. Soccer is boring and softball/baseball is exciting? thats good.i like baseball and all, but as far as excitement goes...[/QB][/QUOTE]

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Amen! [​IMG]

4. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

Whoa, wat a comeback for Villa! 2-0 down at half time, 2-3 at fulltime to win it all! great performance

5. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

A brilliant game and an excellent spirited performance by Villa. Looks like they have sunk the Saints!

6. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

A win against Charlton will put us in a close tie up for Europe, might just work!

What are your thoughts on the Chelsea v Arsenal game on Wedenseday night, could be the premiership wrapped up.

7. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

To be honest I think it will be a tough game, both teams will be up for it, although I think Chelsea may have the advantage having rested for 8 days whilst Arsenal had a very physical encounter with Blackburn on Saturday. If Chelsea win, I think that is the Premiership dead and buried. Psychologically they will have an advantage over the lesser teams.

8. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

Robben, out, Terry in, Henry out, Campbell in. Henry being out i think will be the difference, 1-0 Chelsea. Duff to score early.

9. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Wenger is still hopeful to gain the three points and keep Arsenal;'s championship hopes alive. You've got to give it to the man - even allowing for the possibility of an Arsenal win - he is tremendously optimistic. Come on the Blues!!!!

10. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

If he is optimistic, he is either a great fool or an excellent coach to think he can swing it. just two weeks ago everyone said Arsenal was out of the race, and Manu was the real threat. now Arsenal think its up for grabs? no way, rest assured, its the greatest comeback in sports history if Chelsea dont claim

11. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Well the big game was 0-0. Arsenal made no ground and Chelsea still have to win two games to sew it up. Still, glad to see Everton beating Man U!!

12. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

Well Arsenal needed those three points for any chance. Chelsea need to stay focused on the CL. Liverpool will still be tough, Luis Garcia just gets better and better.

Villa could have gone into a UEFA postion last night, Hitzlesperger had a 30-yd thunderbolt saved, Angel narrowly went wide twice, Cole came close over the bar, and Solano had a shot cleared off the line. HOW DID IT END 0-0????

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am happy enough - CFC only need 4 points from 5 games, unless they have a -11 goal differntial in those matches.

1 Chelsea 33 25 7 1 62 12 +50 82
    2 Arsenal 33 21 8 4 73 33 +40 71

With five matches to play the most Arsenal can hope for is 86 points. Chelsea need only four points to achieve that so a loss and four draws would suffice. Is that right, or have I misfigured?

14. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

I think I only dislike tv evangelists more than I dislike football [​IMG]

David

15. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Yes, I believe you are right Roger, Chelsea need only four more points, a win against Fulham on saturday puts the pressure on Arsenal to beat their North London rivals Tottenham on Monday.

At least, or at last, Wenger is conceding defeat and has as much as admitted it is all over.

16. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Shame on you man, are you sure you are saved? ;)

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

One Chelsea win combined with one Arsenal loss, or even an Arsenal draw, would seal it.

18. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

Shame on you man, are you sure you are saved? ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Is there not a proverb about trusting men that wink [​IMG]

19. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Yes, there is, but does it apply to Instant Graemlins? :D

20. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

I heard the funniest statement yesterday. Ryan Giggs for Man U, quotes this: "to say Chelsea is 15 points ahead does not mean Chelsea is better than us. We are actually better. The only reason they are winning the Premiership is that all we can do is draw against teams we should be beating." Did that make any sense?