1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Hated Ones (S.F. Giants) of the North, Win the World Series!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 29, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...e-7-giants-royals-madison-bumgarner/18156531/

San Francisco's Giants won one of the best world series in a while. Here were two teams that had to face a one-game playoff for the coveted wild-card spot and the right to be part of the post season, and after one close game and more blowout games than I've seen in a while, it was fitting that this series came down to a final and seventh game for the right to be the 2014 World Series champs.

Both teams deserved to win. And it is unfortunate this could not have been the ending, with both winning the MLB WS ring!

My hat is tipped to the Giants of Francisco, even though to me, a diehard Dodger fan, I rooted against the team we commonly refer to as the 'hated ones!' But it wasn't meant to be this year, and for that I say I am sorry to KC and their fans.

I don't know if the best team won, but I know that for anyone following these teams over seven games, you watched two of Major League's best play their hearts out right down to the last strike and out!

I :applause: :applause: :applause: them all!