1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Heart of Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Aug 29, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Amen, I say.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Luke 7
    30 But the Pharisees and the lawyers rejected God's purpose for themselves, not having been baptized by John.
    31 "To what then shall I compare the men of this generation, and what are they like?
    32 "They are like children who sit in the market place and call to one another, and they say,
    'We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not weep.'
    33 "For John the baptist has come eating no bread and drinking no wine, and you say, 'He has a demon!'
    34 "The
    Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, 'Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!'

Matt 23 “Oh How I wanted – BUT YOU would not”
    Matt 23
    37 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her!
    How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, [b]and you were unwilling.
    [/B]38 "Behold, your house is being left to you desolate!
    39 "For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, 'BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!'"

2Peter 3
    ]2 Peter 3
    7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.[/b]
    8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.
    9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, [b
    ]not willing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.[/b]
    10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God created Lucifer - not "the Devil".

Those who blame God for creating the Devil and evil are placing God in the role of Satan.

Now "who" do you suppose thought up the idea of doing that first?

#1. God is not the author of evil -- when your man-made tradition insists that you claim that God authors evil it is a sign that you are in error.

#2. God is not arbitrary -- when your man-made tradition insists that you accuse God of arbitrary selection INSTEAD of "God so loved the World that He gave" it is a sign that you are in error.

#3. God NEVER warns us "against failing to persevere in being lost" - when your man-made tradition puts in you in the rediculous position of having to spin the Bible on its head so that it is to be understood as warning against a failure to "persevere in retaining your lost state" then you are in doctrinal error.

You would think that Christians would get these points easily.

While I would not let anyone stand up and teach our youth department who believed in these doctrinal errors or one who taught the junk-science mythology of atheist-darwinism instead of trusting in the Bible and pursuing REAL science - I would not consider them to be unsaved due to their holding to these gross doctrinal errors alone.

in Christ,

Bob

#23 BobRyan, Sep 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2007