1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'The Heart of the Gospel'

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    'The Heart of the Gospel'

The Last Passover Suffering of Jesus Christ

Mark 14, 15, 16; Matthew 26, 27, 28; Luke 22, 23, 24; John 13, 18, 19, 20

Interlinear KJV, NA Greek, Afrikaans (Gerhard Ebersöhn), with eschatological references

An ad hoc, completely unique and authentic approach, methodology and format, which considerably must change most old views on Jesus' Last Suffering!

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't speak Afrikaans so I'll have to pass on this one.

I'm curious why you would use the KJV and a NA Greek text.

I've seen an English interlinear use the same mix.

Rob

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

This is virtually an in the lines or vertical interlinear. I was surprised myself at the very accurate and word for word literal rendering which the KJV offers, in no interlinear seen so clearly as in the present. The KJV is so accurate the Greek and English can be seen in the sentences and lines as found herein, word for word beneath one another. The sentences are kept in coinciding word order even in the lines. The result is that one can read the KJV and the Greek almost at once. Above KJV and Greek, the Afrikaans follows the same word and phrase and sentence sequence as precise as could be expected.

If ever therefore a 'literal' translation existed, this must be it ... in both English and Afrikaans. And Afrikaans being a 'Dietse' language, Dutch or Flemish or German speakers could easily follow the gist of my translation. English being our lingua franca in South Africa, also the ten or so Bantu language speaking population of our country must be able to find this interlinear most helpful.

But it is the format or construction of the texts of the four Gospels which supplied the biggest advantage and, unintentionally, when and where put together according to event, resulted in 100% maintained textual content and order! Text numbers follow chronology exactly in the collected pericopes. (There is one exception found in Luke if I remember correctly.)

One would find nothing of these and other technical advantages in any other interlinear version, not to speak of the truthfulness and trustworthiness in translation and interpretation of both the KJV and Afrikaans, itself.