1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Heart Revealed

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Aug 24, 2016.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Seriously?? Your defense of Obama doing nothing for the black community is white bigots would get upset?? Name one thing Obama did to help the black community. Oh that's right, i forgot, they did get some free phones.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And so did Trump until he changed his mind for political expediency.

Good for her. For folks who don't want big government, the GOP is always looking for their own exceptions for when they feel it's okay for the government to intrude.

If a woman's doctor wants to educate her on abortion, then go for it. It shouldn't be legislated as a requirement any more than it should be legislated that men wear condoms when having sex.

Are you okay with the murder of the born?

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you as concerned about infants and children after they are born as before they are born? Do you support programs supplying them with good nutrition and good health care?

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What exactly do you feel like he should have done for the black community? Frankly I think he should with the stroke of a pen require police officers to have to have personal liability insurance.

Second, since we're on it, and you seem to feel like he should have done more for the black community, give him the okay to give Blacks their 40 acres and a mule. That'll immediately close the wealth gap.

SO what do you think he should have done or do before he leaves office? Its not like the GOP won't be against it no matter what it is.

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here's the difference brother. Conservatives want NOTHING from government but to be protected from foreign adversaries, law and order and to maintain infrastructure.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

CTB, you sound like you expect folks to care about the well-being of others.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here's the difference brother. Conservatives want NOTHING from government but to be protected from foreign adversaries, law and order and to maintain infrastructure.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Right. That's why they are always talking about abortion and gay rights and whatever other "no" that comes out of Fox News.

If the things you mentioned were all that conservatives wanted from government, then the lot of them might not be that bad of people.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you telling me you don't see the difference between making men wear condoms and providing education?

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's a softball, No. Now your turn, Are you ok with the slaughter of babies in the womb? No, this isn't dodgeball....give your answer.

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Another great softball! Keep em coming boys! Answer is Yes. Now your turn, do you support the slaughter of babies in the womb?

12. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. My wife and I are adoptive parents. How many needy, at-risk children have you adopted?

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm telling you that I don't see a difference between the government REQUIRING education and REQUIRING men to wear condoms.

It shouldn't be the government's business to require that women do anything when it comes to their bodies. ANd perhaps if Christians should spend more time ministering to these women than they spend trying to tell them what to do. It might move some to consider obeying everything that God has commanded.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Here's the same answer that I've given multiple times in how I choose what candidates I will even consider supportng.

(1) I got to believe that you love Jesus.
    (2) I got to believe that you love others.
    (3) You can't be for killing babies in the womb or adults outside the womb.

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There you go again, just give them money and stuff. A lot of what he could have done boils done to leadership rhetoric. First, I think Obama should have went to the poor black communities, and white for that matter, over and over giving leadership speeches on individual responsibility for ones actions. He could have provided education avenues on the importance of marriage and having a father and mother raising our children in the home. You can throw all the money in the world at people, but unless you change their way of thinking nothing will change. Instead we seen Obama lift up racism and causing more division among the poor black communities and law enforcement. Over and over Obama condemned the just and praised the criminal.

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You do not like the government requiring education?? Where would this nation be without the government requiring education?? Christians do not tell women what to do. We want them educated so they can make a godly decision about themselves. I do not know why you would be against that. Just inform them what an abortion is and what God says about abortion. Why do you oppose such?

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wonderful!! So why are you defending Hillary and PP?

18. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for you. That is wonderful.

We did not adopt any. But we had 5 young people, from 6 to 20, live with us from two to four years. We also have had numerous adults in need live with us through the years. We allowed 8 people in need to live in our home while we were in Prague at the Baptist Seminary. This was from 90 days to 10 months depending on the length of our stay in Prague. There were others who lived with us for shorter periods of time.

Here is info. on the five who lived with us for two years or more.

One such person is retired. One is at a high level in the public schools in her county. One is a programmer with the Census Bureau. One is now a professor of neurosurgery and is a neurosurgeon. One runs the Internet and Intranet at a local, very well know university. All have done well.

Do you support government programs to help poor and needy children?

19. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good job. We also fostered. But we weren't very good at it. We kept adopting them! :D

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I was being facetious ya know.:rolleyes:

There you go again just expecting politicians to change folks. That's just dumb. That's like going to a hungry man on the street and saying I'll feed you after you get a job. Leadership speeches aren't gonna change anybody's life. Have you gone to those communities to help and share the Gospel? Give em Jesus and a desire to obey Him.

Its hard to tell folks what to do when they don't see you doing it.

Have you done that? Has it been exampled by folks in the church? He would also have to explain to them why so many of them are targeted and jailed and taken out of their homes.:Sneaky

SNIP

Man white folks need to stop with that foolishness. That man hasn't caused any division between poor black communities and law enforcement. Law enforcement murdering unarmed black men did that all by themselves.

Amazing that he can say a kid could have been his son and white folks rage that he's causing a racial split. But the same folks don't think police officers murdering unarmed black men has anything to do with the schism.

Stop regurgitating what you hear on Fox News. Guess yall think the more you repeat that lie the more folks are gonna think it truthful.

What just?The murdering police officers? The only reason they are just is because a rigged system of prosecutors and judges refuse to prosecute them.

Just, my fat toe.:Rolleyes

#40 Zaac, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2016