1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The hidden danger of legalism

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by stilllearning, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hi everyone

I hate to interrupt such a nice discussion, but here are my 2 cents.....

This word is found 5 times, and all 5 times it is talking about the priests garments.
    --------------------------------------------------
    And the way I understand Strong’s, this is talking about “underwear”.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Poppycock and balderdash. This guy has twisted Scripture to fit his own preconceived notions of how women should dress. He even admits as much by saying, "Now I don't profess to be a Greek scholar, or even a Bible scholar for that matter." He certainly isn't.

By the way, it is wrong to post another person's words without giving credit to them.

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Aw, C'mon! Don't tiptoe around so much.

Tell us how you really feel about this. ;)
    On this, and with this, I fully agree, as also does the Baptist Board, I believe, according to the User Agreement, which all of us have agreed to, and which Baptist Board User Agreement includes posting in accordance with the copyright laws of the US.

Incidentally, I do happen to know that the referenced quote is, in fact, copyrighted.

Ed

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

And in fact you weren't so lazy not to google it and find out who it is that said it.

I used quotation marks to show I HAD IN NO WAY ! plaigerized.

If I violated the BB rules
    TURN ME IN!:laugh:

I can make corrections but i find that neither of you are moderators and will not bow down to your diatribes.:wavey:

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

He is not a scholar but he sure loaded your wagon for you to respond to perfect reasoning like this.:laugh:

So tell me, how is it a harlot dresses and then make comparison to the styles of today without making any direct likenesses? You can't for the MOST part.

It is the motive of the harlot to present herself in a lustful manner. It is commonplace for the modern woman to present herself in the SAME manner. And to think you would accuse some one of twisting Scripture to point out the emphatic and obvious TRUTH!:tonofbricks:

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Yeah, and aso far I've made about $ 10932.00 on it! .
    Well, in Monopoly money that is.:laugh:

Brother Stacey got a problem with ME using his copyrighted material?
    Please contact him and tell on me, PLEASE?

7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Poppycock:
    Main Entry: pop·py·cock [​IMG] Pronunciation: \ˈpä-pē-ˌkäk\ Function: noun Etymology: Dutch dialect pappekak, literally, soft dung, from Dutch pap pap + kak dung Date: 1865
    Balderdash: An oft used strategy to elect your own fake definition in an attempt to give it credibility in the minds of your fellow players.

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

From the BB user agreement: ""[SIZE=-1]You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by BaptistBoard.com. We will delete posts that contain copyrighted material not owned by you unless you have permission to post them there."

In the light of that I believe that you should remove the "harlot" post. If you do not voluntarily do so by tomorrow morning (9/13/08) I shall report it as being in violation of BB posting rules.

I find the words of the "harlot" post offensive. No man, "preacher" or not, is going to call my wife (or any other woman for that matter) a "harlot" in my presence just because she does not dress to his tastes.

Yes, that post hit a nerve. I am fed up with preachers who preach down to people, who try to browbeat people into fitting their mold.
    [/SIZE]

9. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Regardless, I have Brother Stacey's permission.

Also, I see not anywhere in any place has he or I addressed your wife.

I don't even see where any particular woman is addressed other than what the Bible says about the harlot.

[personal attack deleted]
    No one has ever brow beaten anyone as far as I or Brother Stacey is concerned on this example.

Obviously you are feeding from something other than what we are responsible for offering.

You may contact him at :

Pleasant View Baptist Church [​IMG] Pastor Stacey Shiflett

[​IMG] 110 Old Rutherford Road Taylors, South Carolina 26687
    [​IMG] 864-877-8061 M. Stacey Shiflett, Pastor \n

This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

" href="mailto:%20%3Cscript%20language='JavaScript'%20type='text/javascript'%3E%20%3C!--%20var%20prefix%20=%20'ma'%20+%20'il'%20+%20'to';%20var%20path%20=%20'hr'%20+%20'ef'%20+%20'=';%20var%20addy29553%20=%20'pastorss'%20+%20'@';%20addy29553%20=%20addy29553%20+%20'pleasantview'%20+%20'.'%20+%20'org';%20document.write(%20'%3Ca%20'%20+%20path%20+%20'\''%20+%20prefix%20+%20':'%20+%20addy29553%20+%20'\'%3E'%20);%20document.write(%20addy29553%20);%20document.write(%20'%3C\/a%3E'%20);%20//--%3E\n%20%3C/script%3E%3Cscript%20language='JavaScript'%20type='text/javascript'%3E%20%3C!--%20document.write(%20'%3Cspan%20style=\'display:%20none;\'%3E'%20);%20//--%3E%20%3C/script%3EThis%20e-mail%20address%20is%20being%20protected%20from%20spam%20bots,%20you%20need%20JavaScript%20enabled%20to%20view%20it%20%3Cscript%20language='JavaScript'%20type='text/javascript'%3E%20%3C!--%20document.write(%20'%3C/'%20);%20document.write(%20'span%3E'%20);%20//--%3E%20%3C/script%3E"> \n [email protected] This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it 864-704-7745 (mobile) 864-895-1320 (home)

You would not be the first to deny this passage he dealt with, many professing Christians do it everyday in their apparel. They want the name, but they will wear their own apparel.

You get in touch with Brother Shiflett, have him come on here and contact me openly, and we will both address you in a Christian manner and we won't make any threats against you or set any timelines to carry out those threats.

Women dressing to the "tastes" of lustful men act just as the harlot does in her apparel. You seem to act as if a woman has the right to dress in a sexually provative manner and have absolutely no responsibility for the attention she invites. That goes against ALL reason and constitutes the very basis of all REBELLION!

I'm sure the woman you married is quite a lady, she must be to put up with you!:laugh:

My wife is a lady on that regard as well. So don't even think for a minute I am putting anyone down but myself!

I asked for comments on the post, not vehement remarks in objection. Anyone following this thread can see its origin and authorship.

BTW, this material has no copyright.

#169 Salamander, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
  10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.