1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Speedpass, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there any mention of it anywhere in Scripture? My wife wants to know--especially with all the "hooplah" of the "Davinci Code".

2. DorthyMontine

DorthyMontine New Member

Read your Bible and find out for yourself! :laugh: :wavey:

3. Pete

Pete New Member

A group of nazis tried to bring the grail out of the cave it was kept in, doing so caused an earthquake and it has been lost ever since....

However the Ark of the Covenant is in a box in a big warehouse if want to look at it....

DISCLAIMER: These accounts might not be exactly canonical....:saint: :smilewinkgrin:

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Speedpass....

No, there is no such thing as the "Holy Grail". It is not mentioned in the scriptures.

~~~Jesus DID have a last supper with his disciples before he was crucified and they DID drink from cups.

~~~Jesus DID talk about the "cup passing from Me" when he prayed to God in the garden of Gethsemane.

~~~Jesus DID talk about who can "drink from My cup"when talking to His disciples when they wanted to know which one of them was going to be the greatest in Heaven.

None of these things have anything to do with a literal cup that Jesus drank from having supernatural powers than mankind can manipulate.

The concept of a "Holy Grail" is a lie, whether people be talking about a literal cup or the motherhood of Mary Magdelene,.....the Holy Grail never existed.

#4 Scarlett O., Jun 12, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  5. donnA

donnA Active Member

LOL, I was thinking that when I read the op.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I had heard there was a group of men in the 70s that searched for the Holy Grail. They were pretending to ride horses around the English countryside, of all places, during their search.

I saw a documentary about it. There were adventures with the Black Knight, the Knights who say Ni, the dreaded 3 headed knight and the Bridgekeeper. Say, does anybody know what the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow is?

#6 ccrobinson, Jun 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2006
  7. BD17

BD17 New Member

That would depend an African or European swallow?

8. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

LOOK OUT FOR THOSE KILLER RABBITS!!!!!!:laugh: :D :eek:

Bro Tony

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

No no no. The Holy Grail is sitting on top of the Castle Anthrax. No, wait, that's just a grail-shaped beacon.

10. npetreley

npetreley New Member

What? I don't know that. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

11. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Illuminati want it but the Grand Masonic Lodge refuses to disclose its location, though some say it is sitting right up there on Nimrod's altar in the inner sanctum.