1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Holy Spirit , The Great Teacher

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Rippon, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    by Charles Spurgeon .

A man cannot be enlightened by the Holy Spirit if he sometimes says yes and sometimes says no . The Spirit never says one thing at one time and another thing at another time . Indeed there are many good men who say both yes and no , but their contrary testimonies are not from God the spirit . God the Spirit cannot witness to black and white , to a falsehood and a truth .

It has always been held as a first principle that truth is one thing . Some persons say , " If I find one thing in one part of the Bible and another thing in another part , and though it contradicts itself , I must believe it . " All quite right , friend , if it did contradict itself , but the fault is not in the wood but in the carpenter . Just as many carpenters do not understand dovetailing , so it is that many preachers do not understand dovetailing . It is very nice work , and is not easily learned . It takes some apprenticeship to make all doctrines fit neatly together .

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I just noticed your from So. Korea. When I was a teenager I knew a guy in So. Korea. What was his name,, Seung Yong something I think, in Seoul I believe it was.

3. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

Careful Rippon. The Holy Spirit and the word of God go together. If what you are doing or believing is NOT found in the bible, then you are following a DIFFERENT spirit. How many folks I heard who have said, "Oh the Lord told me this and the Lord told me that, when what they thought what the Lord said wasn't really in God's word to begin with, but their own pumped upped emotions.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where are you getting these notions Ron ? They certainly are not in my Spurgeon quote .