1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The hour the lamb was killed

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by PrimePower7, Sep 10, 2009.

1. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

My dear fellowstudents of the Word. Can anyone give me good reasoning for the hour the passover lamb was killed on the evening of the 14th (Exodus 12:6).

Acts 3:1 speaks of the hour of prayer being 3pm. I am inclined to believe this is the hour of sacrifice. Any ideas?

Bill

2. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I agree that it was 3:00 p.m. because this was the hour of Jesus' death on the cross. Luke 24:44-46. Jesus is our paschal lamb and the similarities between the passover sacrifice and the sacrifice of Jesus are amazing.
    1. No bone in His body was broken.
    2. A hyssop branch was used to give Him sour wine, just as a hyssop branch was used to sprinkle the door posts.
    3. Like the passover lamb, Jesus was perfect and without blemish.
    4. The crucifixion happened on the day of the Passover Feast.

With all these similarities, and more, it would be strange indeed to find the hour of the sacrifice being anything but the 9th hour (3:00 p.m.).