1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The idea of race and its affect on World Wide Evangelism

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by 4His_glory, Apr 21, 2008.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure you could shorten it into a paragraph or two :laugh:

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, read your link and I see that he declares race does not exist but that ethnicity does. Thus we can declare that he mearly changes one term for another and he declares race does not exist, but that only ethniciyt exists (which is the old race).

My impression is that he wants to erase race as an issue.

Not a problem, not a Christian I know would disagree with us all being decendent from Adam/Noah in a spiritual and physical sense. I don't know a Christian that would not hold that there is no difference between greek nor jew etc. as the Bible teaches thus we have established both biological and spiritual decendance from Adam/Noah.

So, why eliminate a word "race" from our thinking and replace it with ethnicity? Maybe that was covered in the message.

He assumes that Christians view other races as inferior which is in error. All of us know where we all come from even if you call it being different due to race or ethnicity.

Seems a mute point to me - call it what you want but don't make it some spiritual crisis in the church that we believe in "race" as it has always been defined (with some exceptions of courste). If he feels better calling it ethnicity, feel free, but don't try to make me less of a believer if I call it race.

I think he gets to your point in the op, by saying "It undermines the gospel itself. If we deny our common ancestry in Adam we may be pulling apart the fabric of the gospel itself. And in so doing we may negatively affect missions."

If we deny our common ancestry in Adam - WHAT, who does that? Does the word straw man come to mind? Some believers may do that but I personally have never met anyone with that mindset, have never read anyone with that mindset and have my doubts any reasonably thinking Christian would. If he is going through all this to speak to white supremists go to them to talk about it, not the normal Christian that would reject the supremist's rantings.

If this was rampant I'd think in 50 years of walking with the Lord's people and reading their thoughts I would have run into that somewhere along the line.

Du no! Guess if he don't like the word race and wants to substitute ethnicity for it - go for it.

Now the church is going to become even more politically correct.

Back to my original post, have never known a racist that was a missionary, even though he was taking the gospel to people of other races.

Again, maybe I'm missing something.

#22 exscentric, Apr 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2008