1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The identity of "whom he foreknew" at Rom 8:29

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben Elohim, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

JohnP;
    Why am I not surprize that you try to twist my words as you do scripture.
    What I said was scripture;
    Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
    You really shouldn't strain that little pea brain to much by thoughts that are so deep you might drown in them [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Well i must say sorry then ILUVLIGHT but i thought you called me pope which for your info means father seeing as you do not know.
    Since you call me father and then tell me it is wrong to call anyone father then you must be a hypocrite plain and simple. I won't add that you are likewise simple because if you were simple you would see the simple truth hypocrite.

johnp.

3. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Johnp,
    I not only believe that Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us, but I also believe
    "Anyone who proves victorious..." I wonder what that could mean? What is "keeping one's robes white" if not keeping the faith? Who is it that keeps one's robes white if not the one whose robe is white?

Blot, doesn't that mean erase from or remove from?

If one loses one faith what happens to one's "white robe"?

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

God has really given you a powerful gift for you to know all the way across the Atlantic Ocean and the whole of the U.S. what God is telling me.
    I suppose you do not know your Geography very well, Israel is East and South of England, about 4 timezones distance. I am in the Western part of the U.S. which is 8 timezones west from England. Isaiah was speaking to the Jews in Israel.

You should ponder that just a bit!

5. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi wes;
    JohnP knows don't you know he has appointed himself Vicar.
    Mike :D

6. rc

rc New Member

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

God still did the action. If they had autonomy, how was God allowed to do this? He blinded their eyes? And why? SO THEY WILL NOT CONVERT !! Hmmmm.... I thought God was powerless and not allowed to do this... or can and does He?...

7. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

God has always treated the Jews differently than he has treated the rest of mankind...the gentiles!

Who said that God is powerless? Not I!

But I do say His attributes, e.g., grace, mercy, love, etc. have no power unto themselves. They all must have the power of the person of God to be the least bit effective, therefore it is God the person who does the things that men, like you, attributes to one or more of God's attributes.

Grace is not God!
    Love is not God!
    Mercy is not God!

Therefore none of them have any power to save! It is God who does that!

8. rc

rc New Member

This narrative still shows that God BLINDS. If God is "just" (using your definition which actually is being "fair") He will not blind anybody, this is interfering with their free will. No matter who they are, if MAN has free will to choose, this narrative shows that he didn't and God was not being "fair".

9. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

rc;
    rc;
    The Jews did something that is contrary to what Calvinism teaches in order to have this blindness inflicted on them. You should know that better than I being a Jew. They rejected Christ and they knew better. Satan doesn't go around telling people to believe in God and all the while fulfills prophecy. This blindness was only inflicted on those who rejected Him at the time because here we have you proclaiming to be a Jew who believes in Christ. Now if you're blind how do you explain your faith. You have no explanation of why do you? Obviously you are elected. You are a Jew and you claim to be able to trace your family tree all the way back to Abraham remember.
    Another point if all Jews were blinded then we couldn't explain the disciples and the 5000 or so that believed immediately after the resurrection.
    After this happened the Jews blinded them selves through believing in there Rabbi's and scribes. These attempted to lead all Israel astray and they're still doing it. Israel has placed far to much trust in them .

Mike [​IMG]

10. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.
    This is a nice example of your forked tongue cowboy. You not only believe Jesus will stay with you forever but He will not.
    1 Cor 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
    What do we do then Wes when we turn Him out of His own Temple? Only a fool believes there is no God.
    Jesus said He will never leave us nor forsake us. You do not believe that. Plain and simple.
    I shall tell you what it means old chap because that is my job as a Priest of the Most High. If you knew the scriptures you would know that it is the people of God that overcomes the world. Everyone that is born of God! 1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
    You therefore cannot believe in Jesus because you have not overcome the world and fear least you fall away.
    A white robe signifies righteousness so you admit it is your own righteousness that makes you clean. :cool:
    From the previous quote you would make me now think you mean Jesus? That would be my answer because He is the One that does my laundry. But your quote before you deny Jesus so I will answer you. You.
    No blot doesn't really mean erase does it but that would, if you were right, mean that Jesus did not say He would never forsake us. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD and continue in the sure knowledge that I have overcome and I am victorious for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
    My White Robe is Jesus Christ now ask me the question again.

johnp.

11. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT.
    Not a vicar old bean because a vicar is a substitute and we no longer need other intercessors for God and man.
    My official title is Royal Priest. Our duties involves us in the worship of God, calling in the sheep and feeding them until they become mature and to warn the reprobate in general of their impending doom. :cool: You will remember these days as you stand before my Father on that Day of Days.
    But that is what I want to do. I want to drown in them! :cool: Surpassing wonder. :cool:
    ECC 7:6 Like the crackling of thorns under the pot, so is the laughter of fools. This too is meaningless. :cool:

johnp.

12. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT.
    How is this 'all' again ILUVLIGHT? Are you blessing Judas?

johnp.

13. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

JohnP;
    Light shines where it shines. Why should I care if the light shines of Judas? To some it's the greatest blessing that could ever happen . If the light should shine on the wicked while in there deseverd torments, it would only serve to torment them more wouldn't you say. It could be just be the torment deserved. It's not my fault Judas chose evil. It's not God's fault. The fault is on Judas.
    We are told let our light shine. My light is that of Christ.
    That's a crown you haven't received yet.
    Mike [​IMG]

14. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT.

My official title is Royal Priest.
    1PE 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
    Is this another scripture you deny?
    Then why are you directing where it should shine; May Christ Shine His Light On Us All; Because that is a prayer you pray to Jesus that His light should fall on Judas because you say 'all' is 'all'.
    Why do you think this a good prayer? That you ask the Lord to shine His light on those already damned?

johnp.

15. rc

rc New Member

Ill...

If they already rejected Christ there would be no reason to blind them !! Also what was the REASON for them to be blinded ... GOD DID NOT WANT THEM TO BE CONVERTED...

They weren't blinded BECAUSE they rejected Christ, THE TEXT says they rejected Christ BECAUSE GOD blinded them !! You can't switch text meaning like that.

And being a Jew I do know better... to bad you don't listen to what I say !! [​IMG]

16. rc

rc New Member

This blindness was only inflicted on those who rejected Him at the time because here we have you proclaiming to be a Jew who believes in Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:14-16 14 But their minds were hardened. For TO THIS DAY, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away. 15 Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts. 16 But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.

How does one TURN? Ezek 36.26

2 Corinthians 4:4 n their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Romans 11:25-29 a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written, "The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob"; 27 "and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins." 28 As regards the gospel, they are enemies of God for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

YES, THERE IS STILL A PARTIAL HARDENING.. FROM GOD !!!! I am the elect of the elect praise God... And until GOD by His Soveriegnty chooses, ALL Israel will be saved... HMMMM.. sounds like they don't have a matter in it do they? ... Neither do the Gentiles !! God does ALL things according to HIS plan. And His plan includes a SPECIFIC number of people being saved of the World and the Jews.

17. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT.
    They could not believe. Why not? Isaiah gives us the reason they could not believe. The reason they could not believe Isaiah says is that God hardened their hearts so they should not see. That they should not understand God hardened their hearts just like He is doing with yours. "Lord, who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?" John 12:38. Not to ILUVLIGHT that is sure.
    I see no evidence of it.

johnp.

18. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Johnp,
    You are as blind as any one human can be! You deliberately refuse to see the truth, and you accuse me of being lost!

Your ignorance of the word of God overshadows your use of the word of God!

19. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

You are as blind as any one human can be!
    Thanks Wes I'll take that as a compliment. :cool:
    You deliberately refuse to see the truth, and you accuse me of being lost!
    Not for being lost. I don't accuse you of anything but I state the facts as I know them. I am authorised to judge and so I judge because I am commanded to judge. Saying you are not saved is not an accusation but a warning, take it or leave it, I have obeyed my Lord.
    At least I use the word of God which is more than you manage.
    Anyway I am not saying you are one of the lost because I do not know if you are elect. It might be that you were chosen before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. The fact remains that you have not been called up to this point.

Answer my post like a scholar and not a school kid.

johnp.

20. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

I am likewise authorized and commanded to judge, but not to condemn as you have done to me, those that have not been tried. You have not tried me, you have refused to try me because you refuse to Allow and weigh the evidence I present for trial! That is not a trial that is a lynching! Outwest, we know the difference!