1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The IMM Smearing Of Ron Paul Begins

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Oct 12, 2007.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

By Darryl Mason

The Rupert Murdoch media in the United States mostly pretends Ron Paul doesn't exist, or simply doesn't matter. As hard a myth that is to maintain, Murdoch is clearly backing Giuliani and Billary and no-one else for the White House in 2008. Like most American elites, Murdoch doesn't care if it's Billary or Giuliani, just as long as it isn't Ron Paul in the White House come 2008.

In Australia, now that Ron Paul's infamy is spreading fast, and his reputation as one of the more credible and interesting Republican candidates is taking root, the Murdoch media has decided to kill off the story of a real presidential underdog before it excites too many journalists down under.

The first shot from Murdoch's Australian media claims that Ron Paul's impressive dominance of internet campaigning is merely the result of a "fake online campaign."

Continue...

Hey Ken, have you figured out how to become an official Ron Paul spammer yet? Got any information on how I can become one?

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Incredible, isn't it Poncho. Even here on this board people will willingly say things about Ron Paul that isn't true. But that is the good news, the more they try to discredit Ron Paul the more they discredit themselves.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some advice for Ron Paul

Here is some advice for Ron Paul from Hoosier poet James Whitcomb Riley:

An' little Orphant Annie says, when the blaze is blue,

An' the lamp-wick sputters, an' the wind goes woo-oo!

An' you hear the crickets quit, an' the moon is gray,

An' the lightnin'-bugs in dew is all squenched away, --

You better mind yer parunts, an' yer teachurs fond an' dear,

An' churish them 'at loves you, an' dry the orphant's tear,

An' he'p the pore an' needy ones 'at clusters all about,

Er the Gobble-uns 'll git you

Ef you

Don't

Watch

Out!

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/little-orphant-annie/

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, the whole Ron Paul campaign is just a dozen spammers. :laugh:

Ron Paul won't win the GOP nomination but I think that he can give the Republican Establishment a very bloody nose and a horrible case of heartburn. :)

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well so far all we are getting from Ron Paul is a big laugh. It is clear that whatever support he has is from the Libertarian Party and not from the GOP. I doubt if he will even win Poncho's precinct in the primary. I think that Ron Paul is pathetic and this dispute about how many different people watched his internet video just goes to show you that the Paul campaign has no good news. Now Paul wants to blame the media. He has stolen a page out of Peroutka's playbook and he is about as viable as Peroutka. Ron Paul reminds one of Ross Perot. Ron Paul is too paranoid to be president. The GOP can humor him till the end of the world but it is doubtful that he will even support the GOP on election day. It is best just to ignore him.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why aren't you following your own advice? :)

7. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm sure it was his interest in propriety and knowledge for the masses that prompted him. I found the post enlightening.

8. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

duplicated post.

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am.

I am ignoring Ron Paul. I never check up on him. However, I am not going to let his advocates post whatever they like smearing the GOP and other members of the GOP. I am not going to tolerate Ron Paul's crybaby tactics because Ron Paul cries cultural diversity whenever he is ignored. I think that the Libertarians hit his internet video but no one else is watching it or Ron Paul. It is Peroutka deja vu.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would hope so.

All of these posts you keep making about Ron Paul and your reading about him in this forum say otherwise. :)

#10 KenH, Oct 13, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My Dad used to read that to us when we were very little. Those poems scared me to death at the time.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Australians don't get to vote in the U.S., so why bother?

Paul is a non factor in the republican primary.

The "IMM" is wasting time and print space.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really. I am glad that it is letting people in other countries know that not everyone is like George W. Bush/Hillary Clinton/Rudy Giuliani.

14. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

And we're all also registered members of the Baptist Board.

Btw, I ordered my Ron Paul yard signs. They came Thursday and went up that evening.

They're cheap. Order some from the campaign website, if you haven't already.

15. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I really think you're delusional enough to believe that.

What do you do with those of us (other than poncho, of course) on the BB who have been long-time Republican supporters who have attached ourselves to Ron Paul's campaign? Have we just been Libertarian operatives for all these years?

I have been a registered member of the RNC since I turned 18. I voted straight-ticket Republican in the last two Presidential elections.

I guess I just did that as a Libertarian ploy.

You should take a survey of BB people who have been registered Republicans and/or voted for GWB who are now supporting Ron Paul, unless of course you believe that Ron Paul's supporters (all 12 of them) will span a BB poll as well. And if you do believe that, who really is the crackpot here?

16. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I don't think Ron Paul should be ignored. He can say some good things. However, you have to look at his real rhetoric and record to see the real Ron Paul.

I do not believe he is the product of a fake campaign. His Internet-driven candidacy is well organized. There is no disputing that. For instance, I read a letter to the editor in a local paper that praised Paul and his candidacy. Couple days later, the same letter was in another local paper form a different signer. It seemed like one of those "fill-your-name-here and send to your editor" letters. Some are troubled by that. All that shows to me is that the followers are well organized.

I do not believe he is the target of a grand scheme. I do think many conservatives are leery of another psuedo conservative getting hyped. Count me in that group.

17. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    Picture of a Goblin

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought we were friends--that is the problem with politics is that it creates enemies for no good reason.

I have made it very clear that Ron Paul does not follow the GOP line but still clings to Libertarian ideas. For example, Ron Paul is against a constitutional amendment to protect the life of the unborn child. And there are other issues with him, some of which even violate Christian ethics.

Nor do I believe that the media is out to get Ron Paul--afterall Peroutka said the same thing in 2004. That line is just a form of sour grapes from Ron Paul because 99 44/100% of Republicans think that he is a nut. And I merely said that I thought the people looking at his video on the internet were the members of his old Libertarian Party, which he seems to still control and still seems to be the head of. What is delusional about that? I don't agree with the charge that it is just spammers, but I do say that it is not regular Republicans because I know that Ron Paul does not have a presence in Indiana, the most Republican of all states since 1860.

Ron Paul has ill-fitting clothes. Someone wrote me that they thought he dressed okay. Ill-fitting clothes is an English expression for someone's trying to dress to look like something that he is not. If you went around in a policeman's uniform, you would be wearing ill-fitting clothes because they would land you in prison. Ron Paul has tried to dress as a Republican but he is still a dyed-in-the-wool libertarian. That is why he cannot get any traction in the GOP. We in Indiana have had our fill of Libertarians for many, many decades because they cause close races to be won by Democrats.

In the case of Ron Paul it is most likely that he could not have gotten to Congress as a Libertarian so he decided to caucus with the GOP. However, he is a perennial as a presidential candidate so he just could not be satisfied until he tried the GOP primary.

I am leaning towards Fred Thompson.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

"If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism." - Ronald Reagan

"The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is." - Ronald Reagan

So I guess, cmg, that you don't consider Ronald Reagan to have followed the "GOP line", either. So I reckon that Ron Paul is in good company with Ronald Reagan.

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have had this conversation before, as you know. And, as you know, Ron Paul does not support a constitutional amendment to protect the life of the unborn child, which was the keystone in the arch of Reaganism and Reagan's very own idea. I don't consider Reagan's general call for libertarians to join and support the GOP as an endorsement for the ideas or person or Ron Paul.

So I guess, Ken, that you recall having posted this same Reagan quote before to no avail and for no logical reason? So I reckon that Ron Paul is in good company with Ken, but I fear that Ken is in bad company with Ron Paul. :laugh: