1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Impeccability of Christ

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Pastor_Bob, Sep 24, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Never studied the issue

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Never heard of it

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: What the heart of the matter we are getting to? What I am waiting for is the verse that states we all sinned in Adam. I don’t know about you, but I wasn’t around then.

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Sin entered the world through Adam
    With sin came death
    Death spread to all
    Because all sinned.

Therefore, they all sinned in Adam.

3. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned. Why don't you finish all of the verses after this one. And then we will talk.

4. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Rom 5:13 For vntill the Law sinne was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no Law.
    Rom 5:14 Neuertheles, death reigned from Adam to Moses, euen ouer them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adams transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.What figure was him to come. Jesus Christ and note in the scripture even over them that HAD NOT SINNED. Rom 5:19 For as by one mans disobedience( ADAMS)many were made sinners: so by the obedience of one, (JESUS CHRIST) shall many bee made righteous. What was Christ OBEDIENT TO? The law and you can only become a sinner by braking the law. The law was given by moses but GRACE AND TRUTH came by Jesus Christ.Rom 5:20 Moreouer, the Lawe entred, that the offence might abound: but where sinne abounded, GRACE did much more abound. Where did Grace come from again? Jesus Christ.

#104 charles_creech78, Sep 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2007
  5. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Tell me if I am making a proper deduction with the logic I employ.

Child birth entered the world through Adam.
    With child birth came pain.
    Pain spread to all.
    Because all have been born

Therefore, all were born and experienced pain in Adam.

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Pain in child birth is only applicable to women. What then is your point?

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

My point is simply you cannot conclude "Therefore, they all sinned in Adam' due to the fact that death passed upon all men as a result of our physical connection to him. Scripture does not state or imply your conclusion.

8. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Question: What is the meaning then of "because all sinned" in its syntactic connection to the rest of the verse?

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: The verse simply states that due to the fact that all sin, death passes upon all men. That is very interesting in light of two men that did not see death, not even for a moment. They were simply translated.

10. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I notice you are rearranging the verse. The Bible is not a science book.

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I don’t get the science book thing. It certainly answers a lot of scientific questions in my mind. As for the text, I am not rearranging anything. The text simply states in the last part why death passed upon all men, “for all have sinned.”

You completely add to the text an idea completely foreign to it with your remark of ‘all sinning in Adam.’ Where in the text is that novel idea stated or implied?

12. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. This is what the verse says: "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned."

2. Through one man's sin death entered the world and death came to all men because all sinned. Death comes to all of us because we all sinned in Adam, for he was our representative head.

3. By a science book I mean, God can do whatever He wants whenever. We can't measure His activities like you do in science.

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: OK, I’ll buy this one. :)

HP: Can you point to the Greek words that you get “because we all sinned in Adam, for he was our representative head?”

14. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Why would Paul say death entered the world through Adam if he wasn't our representative head?

15. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP Could it be that he was simply the first human to die due to sin? Why not? What demands some federal headship dogma to be read into the text that is not stated or implied?

16. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Because such conclusion goes against your theology.

17. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: It simply is not stated or implied by the text.

18. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned."

2. Why do some babies die at birth if they have not committed any sins of their own?

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Physical depravity. That is a natural consequent of sin. Let me ask you, what law did such infants transgress? “Where there is no law, sin is not imputed.”

20. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. So the sin of one man has really affected his posterity!

2. That asking of that question is to only prove what Paul was saying all along about the sin of the one man Adam impacting his posterity.