1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Importance of Studying Theology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Ruiz, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

I have heard similar replies from other respected theologians, but since this was posted this week, I thought I would submit it here. I think Horton is right.

Click here for video.

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I really don't understand people who claim to be Christians who have no desire to know Him better through studying about Him? We must be careful though because I have been offended at those who seem to be more spiritual than I am when they throw a guilt trip on me because I'm not at their level. God has patience with all of us, we need to pray for others and ourselves to never be satisfied with our spiritual growth.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I read an excellent book this summer called "When Life and Beliefs Collide" and the author talked about how we are ALL theologians and how we understand God will affect how we deal with life when it goes out of control. I found it to be so true because I know how we responded when our daughter was so ill in the spring and how so many people just didn't understand our peace. But what we understand about God certainly made us trust Him and know that even if we lost our daughter, God is still good and on the throne and we trust Him. So we ALL need a good understanding of theology in order to be able to deal with what life serves us as well as being able to teach others.