1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Indispensable Rush Limbaugh

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Now that really is pathetic. America's enemies? That is textbook Sean Hannity. I can only guess that you listen to / watch him too.

I really am sorry for you,
    BiR

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Just curious. Since there seems to be such an uproar over conservative talk radio these days; where are the liberal talk programs? I know not of any national liberal programs. Unless you count Art Bell.

3. Baptist in Richmond

There are a few:
    Ed Schultz
    Thom Hartmann
    The Young Turks
    Stephanie Miller
    Randi Rhodes

Regards,
    BiR

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Is Franken's group off of the air? I know Chuck D and some others were there. There was also a guy in Chattanooga that rose to some prominence during the Clinton years, but I don't know where he went to.

BiR, I hope you'll let me know when I sound like Rush so I can repent :)

Seriously, I don't listen to him anymore, though I did read one of his books and listen to him from time to time. At noon in the Knoxville area, there are other better options. However, I try to force myself to listen sometimes.

Hope all is well with you, BiR, and hope you're anticipating a good Football Vols run through the SEC this year, and an even better Vol BBall run to the Final Four :thumbs:

5. Baptist in Richmond

Yes, he signed off to run for the Senate in Minnesota.

Chuck D is on AirAmerica on Sunday nights with his show "On The Real."

http://www.airamerica.com/onthereal/

Not sure who this is.

Nah, I cannot recall seeing you regurgitate what Rush says on his show, so I think you're safe.

Which one - the one John Fund transcribed for him, or the one that Joseph Farah did?

Oh, it's fun to listen to him. Please see my aforementioned games for listening to his show. It's fun to play along.

Yes, but we have to start the season against Cal.................AT Cal.
    UGH!

Regards, hope all is well with you and yours,
    BiR

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I want to say Scott Stiles was the name of the long curly haired guy in Chattanooga. Somehow, that name is jumping out and I don't know why.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No audience. No sponsors. Lose money. Gone.

Liberals want free what conservatives have to pay for. Simple but so typical.

8. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Don't waste your emotions on me sir. I'm perfectly happy with my choices.

9. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Or they want conservatives to pay.

It is amazing to me that these politicians could even mention such a constitutionally challenged bill, let alone promote it.

#29 hillclimber1, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

Oh, puhleeze.

It's doubtful you even know any "true conservatives". But I'm sure that , if you do, they "loathe" Limbaugh. Birds of a feather, ya know.

You're the only person I know of, liberal or conservative, that is a dedicated listener.:laugh:

#30 carpro, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  11. Baptist in Richmond

Yes, carpro: we know. You have made this point several times.
    I see that you are regurgitating what you hear on Rush's show ad nauseum.

12. Baptist in Richmond

It really makes you look foolish when you make an observation that is completely wrong about someone you do not know. Anyone who has spent any time actually reading what I write knows that I am a former ultra-right-wing conservative who works in an industry filled with likeminded ultra-right-wing conservatives. I am beginning to wonder if you are even capable of offering comments in a discussion without looking completely foolish like this. If you don't believe me, simply read my recent posts, or ask around. I used to be a right-winger, albeit a little more open-minded that the impression you give of yourself with comments like this one.

That's right: I listen to him as often as I can. I have always found it interesting that you frequently make the points he makes on his show, in some cases verbatim to what El Rushbo has said. This is quite an anomaly, since you have advised me that you don't listen to his program, as I recall.

13. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

And the infatuation with Rush carries on. Does he give you nightmares?

14. Baptist in Richmond

Did I start this thread?

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you do. Your posts in this thread are perfect examples.

Your hate of Limbaugh and incorrect assumptions that many of us are dedicated listeners, as you are, are laughable as well as incorrect.

It just seems to escape you that conservatives would think alike on a variety of subjects.

Your posts sometimes seem to illustrate best that liberals have to listen to Limbaugh to find out what to be against. Thinking for one's self doesn't seem to be a strong suit of liberals.:(

16. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. Baptist in Richmond

Direct challenge to you, carpro: show us where I ever used the word "hate" to describe my attitude towards Rush Limbaugh.

Once again, you have created an integrity issue for yourself. Please show us where I ever used the word "hate." It's time to start behaving like a man, carpro. Either show us where I have used this word, or admit that you are wrong. Until you can do this, stop bearing false witness.

Additionally, you have misrepresented what I wrote, as I clearly stated that you have maintained that you do not listen to Rush. It's right there in my last sentence from post #32. Again, stop bearing false witness.

Again, many times the comments you offer in this discussion are almost verbatim to what Rush states on his show. In another thread, you have even made the same statement in perpetuity, just as Rush does on his show.

Quite an interesting statement from someone who is making the same statement again and again and again and again......

#38 Baptist in Richmond, Jul 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2007
  19. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

What is it about you that drives you to condemn people's viewpoints, while always painting them as "foolish"?

The idea that you "used" to be conservative, and now are a liberal, shows a great change in direction, for the worse. It's not worth "asking around" as it's not important, at least to me.

20. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

This stuff from the most inflammatory poster on these boards, BiR you're amazing.