1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Insanity of the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Walguy

Walguy Member

Speaking of NFL insanity, there is the case of one Brett Favre.

He ended the season with the same number of interceptions as TD passes (22). His team lost 4 of its last 5 games, keeping them out of the playoffs, and the one game of those 5 that they did win was on a defensive touchdown near the end of the game. Favre finished the season as the #21 rated passer in the league, with a rating of 81.

And he was named to the AFC Pro Bowl team.

WHAAAAT???????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I've decided not to listen to that particular radio show anymore. I don't listen to any sports broadcasters that prove that I know more about football, a game I never played, than they do. If we're talking about Titans MVP, then take a look at what happened in the Steelers game. Both Haynesworth and Vandenbosch were out and the Titans still shut them down. Titans MVP is easily Kerry Collins, but defensive MVP has to be Chris Hope, Michael Griffin, or Cortland Finnegan. All the above is an acceptable answer as well.

BTW, did you know that Mike Ditka picked Tennessee to make the Super Bowl before the season started? I thought he was out of his mind making that pick, but no more. The Titans are my AFC pick for the Super Bowl.

Because I don't like the Patriots. :wavey: Nothing more, nothing less. I think they're more deserving of making it than the 8-8 Chargers, but the rules are what they are.

Yep, they need to blow some things up.

Don't forget about TO. The Cowboys have some good players, but there are just too many me-first guys on that "team".

Ugh. There are 2 reasons Favre is in the Pro Bowl. #1, the Jets were likely 8-3 at the time of voting, having beaten the Patriots and the Titans in successive weeks. #2, the media love to kiss up to him.

My favorite line of the weekend was when TMR called Favre an "overrated choke artist."