1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The IRS and the Tea Party

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, May 16, 2013.

1. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The IRS is a 4th branch of gov't that is unaccountable and can sick the federal police forces on American citizens. Even the President cannot fire the IRS commissioner. He can urge the person to quit, but cannot fire them. This was to keep it from being politicized, which it has done so well. :tongue3:

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I asked you why we have private foreign bankers running our economy Tom. I understand sin is the root of lawlessness. What I don't understand is why we let criminals in high places get away with plundering our whole national economy right in front of us while we demand justice be done to small time crooks that break into our house and steal a tv set.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    absolutely right - and when everyone understands that....

Was not aware of that - - but didn't Obma fire the Acting commissioner - or is the policy for an Acting commissioner different.

Then - Congress needs to change the law - possibly by the joint resolution of the House leader, Senate Pro-tem and President to dismiss the IRS commissioner

4. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am wrong. I did more study and apparently since the IRS is not in independent agency, he can fire them. I listened to President Obama's minister of propaganda Jay Carney. He said they were independent. They are not I should have known better than to take what he said as truth.

The President did fire the chair. I was wrong.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a problem - especially since you were going by a (supposed) valid source.

Well, know we know there are at least two of us who will admit when we are wrong :thumbsup: :saint: :smilewinkgrin:

6. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we ought to do both. The problem, as I see it, is that the mechanism of justice is in the hands of those who ought to be arrested.

But there is still a Biblical answer. Not only are our leaders possessors of a fallen nature, those they rule are also. That makes us responsible for what is happening also.

The cause is both political and spiritual.

7. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been wrong so much more than I have been right. I used to think Poncho was just someone sitting in an aluminum foil hat, and said so, but after going back over what he said several years ago that I thot was just crazy then reviewing it. I discovered there was no foil hat on him, just some blinders on my eyes.

I know that makes me a little meshuggina in some people's eyes, but it's ok with me.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's okay to be awake Tom. Don't let em tell ya otherwise.

Bet you weren't expecting that reply huh Salt man?

9. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The less taxes the greater the chance we will never pay down the debt. The less taxes the less police and fire protection. The less taxes the lower is the probability that our crumbling infrastructure (roads, water supply, electric grid, etc.) will be rebuilt. The really good news though is the less taxes the less military.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no one shred of truth to any of that.

11. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you think police and fire protection come for free? In some cities in America the police will not answer any calls that do not involve spilling of blood. Somebody broke into your house? That's your problem. Investigate what's going on in Stockton, CA and Detroit. Some towns and cities no longer have a fire department. They can't afford it. Are you suppoprting anarchy?

#31 FollowTheWay, May 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
  12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No what is obvious is that you set up a strawman. Which is that any amount of taxes that is less than what we have now automatically means that those services would be effected. Apparently you do not understand the tax system. It was the same garbage Obama tried to pull over the sequester that he created.

13. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have been affected. It's a fact. See
    Stockton Bankruptcy Decision Only The Beginning
    Stockton has tried to restructure some debt by slashing employment, renegotiating labor contracts, and cutting health benefits for workers. Library and recreation funding have been halved, and the scaled-down Police Department only responds to emergencies in progress. The city crime rate is among the highest in the nation.

#33 FollowTheWay, May 22, 2013
  14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about less taxes - less give-a-way programs -whether it is welfare, or some other silly govt program.

Just look at this link - many of those programs should be eliminated

Let me give you an example on the local level.
    Syracuse used to have the Ida Benderson Senior center. the city was strapped for cash and the fiscal conservative (though social liberal) mayor closed the center. Everyone complained - what would the seniors do? Simple - the salvation Army had a senior center - they simply enlarged their program! And the Salvation Army was only 3 blocks down the Street!

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Rev is correct. The only thing your income tax money goes towards is paying the interest on the dept the government owes to an international banking cartel.

Did you request a copy of the CAFR (comprehensive annual financial report) Salty? I'd bet there was more than enough money on hand to keep the center open.

#35 poncho, May 22, 2013
  16. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does the military come for free too? What about public school teachers, trash collecters, poliocemen, firemen, EMS, etc.? You're living in a make-believe world.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Nope none of it is free. But your income tax dollars don't go to pay for it. They only go to pay the intrest on the debt the government runs up every time it goes deeper in debt (to pay for all those things you mentioned) to a group of private international bankers that congress blessed with a monopoly on creating money from thin air.

You and I are living in a debt based fiat monetary system designed to put us in debt and keep us there my friend.

#37 poncho, May 22, 2013
  18. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. It seems obvious to me that most if not all of these tax-freer organizations are connected with one or the other political party. The law that created this dodge is a travesty.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A lot of stuff has been effected but only because Because Obama directed the effects himself in order to make the sequester hurt as much as possible. He played politics with it in a greater way than has ever been done before.