1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Journey Home

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Apr 4, 2009.

1. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

So he beleived Christ was sufficient. That overshadowed by Christ is not sufficient. Yet he still beleives Christ is sufficient?????

So are you saying he believes Christ is enough, or does he believe works will save him?

#41 thegospelgeek, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
  2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's hypothetical "if" one can lose their justification, it would be impossible to regain it.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not entirely sure what you are saying or asking. Justification is a once for all time event. Sanctification is a life long occurence. Once one is justified, their hearts have been circumcised...it's a done deal. One CAN live as Lot lived, though, and still be justified...BUT they will be chastened to the point of death in getting them back on the straight and narrow.

4. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

To the OP:

Perhaps he wants a church that has a final teaching authority. One of the hallmarks of the RCC church is that the pope and the magisterium (sp?) settle the theological disputes. BTW, all you Calvinists are heretics.

Think about it; here we have debate. We have people who call themselves baptists, but not all believe the same. And that is because not all people read and interpret the bible the same way. So can we lose our salvation or not? Does Mankind have Free Will or not? What is Free Will? An ecclesiastical authority calls those shots and sets the record straight.

Now this man is an MD. Maybe he wants to belong to a church where the questions are answered.

Now some folks on this board are calling the MD an apostate. Why? Would he be an apostate if he joined the Greek Orthodox church? The Methodists? What if he joined a nondenominational church?

5. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

deleted...

#45 thegospelgeek, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    once again, i will ask please answer the op! Only 2 or 3 have done so. If you want to debate other issues - then start your own thread!!!

the ? What should baptist preachers do to insure members do not fall away from bible teaching

7. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Exactally. One can not fall away. Therefore he was never saved. That's what I said in the beginning.

8. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

one can only teach the bible. Love them. And pray for them.

If another chooses to follow a false doctrine there is nothing else you can do>

9. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

from the OP
    My answer was because he was never saved. I was on topic.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thus the reason I said in post # 46: "Only 2 or 3 have done so. "

11. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I don't agree with that interpretation. Doesn't square with the language or the whole of Scripture.

If a person called a Christian goes into apostacy then they should not be regarded as a Christian.

12. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Are you saying he never beleived or once did and fell away. Doesn't the bible teach that one can not fall away?

13. ReformedBaptist

The BIble teaches that the one who is truly born of God will never be lost.

The Bible also teaches us to make judgments by what we can see. If a brother in my church goes into apostacy, he should be taken aside privately and corrected. If he doesn't hear, then a couple others are brought. If he doesn't hear them, then he is brought before the elders. If he doesn't listen to them then he shoud be excommunicated (barred from the Lord's Table and hospitality) and treated as an unbeliever.

14. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that considered shouting?? :laugh:

15. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

yea, I'm in an irratable mood today. Unusuall for me.

16. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oops, did someone got their Bible mixed up with their Presbyterian Book of Order?

17. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Actually it say "the church" not "the elders."

18. ReformedBaptist

No. What is the Presbyterian Book of Order?

19. ReformedBaptist

It is our judgment that elders are also members of the church and to protect the one in error from public humilation the person is brought before the elders before it is exposed to the whole church.

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Saltcity, I believe I am one of those who gave direct answers to you questions.

Let me do it again in a slightly different manner:

Nothing can be done except to pray and obey the scriptures.

Jesus taught that these loses would be inevitable. In Matthew 13 we can read about the 4 soils and the seeds of which only 1 brings forth fruit. Also we read of the children of the evil one infiltrating the church (tares sown among the wheat).
    In fact Jesus said to leave them alone (tares). He would send angels to take care of them at the end of the age.

Here is an example of those who have a "testimony" and every appearance (and works to boot) of being Christians:

Matthew 7
    21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.​

Look at their language "Lord Lord" (emphatic) it sounds like they emphatically acknowledged His Lordship, they had works to support that claim as well. But we can see from the text that Jesus NEVER knew them.​

NEVER, not hardly knew them, not knew them for a while but that He NEVER knew them. In spite of their testimony and works they were NEVER saved.​

Trust, obey, pray. That is all you can do. God will take care of His own.​

HankD​