1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Judgement of man

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Jan 22, 2012.

1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

We keep the law of God written in our hearts...

Why and How?
    the HS Himself indwells us, he is God, so His will is perfect, and His guidance/direction will be too...

How? By yielding to the Hs, submitting the desires of the flesh to Him and allow Him to empower us to daily live as a Christian should!

Fal seems to want to co mingle law and Grace...

its either/or not both!

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are correct. :thumbs:

And this was the heart of the argument brought to the Apostles.

To ignore that argument and the results, is to bring the other Scriptures out of the perspective that they must in truth be assigned.

It is NEVER an attempt to water down the impact of the need to live to the expectations of the ten and even exceed them at times.

It is the judgement on matters of salvation and eternity that can become a hazard along the way and cause others to become doubtful and make missteps that lead into doctrinal error.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

[SIZE=+0]If it was kept in your heart it would be kept in your living as well because form the heart proceeds our lives. Evil heart evil lives. Good heart good life.[/SIZE]
    The haters of God's commands seek to discourage people from keeping them because they know it shines light on them and they do not want others to see them for what they really are, law breakers.
    1John 2:4
    He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3:9
    Whosoever is born of God doth not commit (practice) sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot (practice) sin, because he is born of God.

Who will be admitted into heaven?
    "Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14

4. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

the Holy Spirit, IF we allow Him too, will live the new life of Christ in and through us!

We desire to please and obey God in our new natures, but old sin nature fight that daily basis...

When we chose to yield to Him, good fruit produced...

Don't focus on law keeping, but on relationship with jesus and daily abiding inHim...

Allow the HS to move in and through you, that is way to "keep the law" as its Him keeping for you!

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Here is the truth and not what you say.
    He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit (practice) sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot (practice) sin, because he is born of God.

"Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14

6. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

here is THE Truth regarding salvation!

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

we are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, and good works follow after that, but wedo them NOT to get saved, nor be saved, but they are done by God in and through us!

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Very nice but this is not about salvation.

8. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FAL,

Are you going to get around to the question asked you?

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If you are talking about post #40 I do not understand your question.

10. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In post #24 and then restated in more declarative terms in post #40.

Using post #24 would be the best place to start.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If I am understanding you your question is an attempt to pit lack of scripture from a particular book against stated scripture in another book.
    IN regards to the OP while we are saved by grace through faith here is how men will be judged as to if they are saved or lost.

How does the Bible summarize the answer to our question, "By what standard will we be judged"?
    "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether it is good or whether it is evil." Ecclesiastes 12:13,14

Are God's commandments burdensome to those who are truly born again?
    "For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith." 1 John 5:3, 4

What motive should prompt us to keep God's law?
    "If you love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15

#51 freeatlast, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
  12. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What lack of Scripture?

Did you read the account of the question being dealt with in Acts?

Did you not read the huge dispute and the resolution to that dispute?

I am asking you to clarify what you consider is a command to keep in comparison to what the Apostles stated the gentiles were accountable to keep.

I am asking you to compare Scripture with Scripture which is the appropriate method of building any faith and practice for a believer. That in all matters the Scriptures are the basis.

I have no doubt that the commandments of God are not what are held in comparison to all areas of the believer's living. And as such, provides the spark to ignite and burn off anything less than what the Holy Spirit working in the believer and through the believer accomplishes. God is not going to allow anything less than perfection into His perfection.

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I don't understand your question.

14. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here are two posts (both slightly modified to remove extemporaneous remarks) in which to draw your attention. At the end of the second post, I asked specific questions.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

So what is your question as I answered that in post 51 ?

16. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't recognize you using any part of Acts in your response, nor placing into that context (Acts) your view of the commandments.

I will place the questions here for you to respond.

1. What were the EXACT commands the Apostles stated the believers were to keep?

2. What was their statement as to the rest of the "law of Mosses?"

3. How does that agree with what you are putting forth?​

I will add a fourth statement and question.

I hold that the ten commandments are the "bench marks" of acceptability in which all man's work (both the saved and unsaved) will be judged. That which not of the Spirit will be burned up as Paul states.

4. Is this what you are in agreement and actually indicating by proof of the Scriptures you posted, or is there something else that you are getting at?​

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is not about one book. It is about all that Christ taught. Here is the scripture. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen. True believer will keep the commandments and the lost do not. Both will be judged by them to verify their real standing with God according to scripture.
    How does the Bible summarize the answer to our question, "By what standard will we be judged"?
    "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether it is good or whether it is evil." Ecclesiastes 12:13,14

Are God's commandments burdensome to those who are truly born again?
    "For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith." 1 John 5:3, 4

What motive should prompt us to keep God's law?
    "If you love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15

18. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, using what you have posted, I could draw the following conclusions.

That keeping the commandments of God will assure me of heaven.

That keeping the commandments of God means I am "born of God."

That keeping the commandments of God means that I know God.

That keeping the commandments of God means that I love God.
    Then it must also follow that:

That not keeping the commandments of God will assure me of hell.

That not keeping the commandments of God means I am born of Satan.

That not keeping the commandments of God means that I do not know God.

That not keeping the commandments of God means that I hate God.
    Of course if this is what you are stating as the condition of fallen man, then you would be drawn into agreement with the Calvinistic thinking of salvation. :)

You still haven't reconciled your statements and Scripture proof with what is found in the Acts.

19. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

the believer in Christ jesus has already passed from eternal death unto eternal life right here and now! 'Once saved/always saved"...

There is a Bhema judgement for saints, JUST for purpose of either rewards for good works done while here in the Body, or loss of rewards, but NOT for purpose of IF saved or lost!

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No you cannot. We are saved by grace through faith not keeping the commandments, but we will be judged by them as to who is saved and who is not. It is like someone who claims to be a power lifter. Put them in front of the weight and it will prove what they are or are not, but the weight does not make them one. They either are or are not a power lifter. The weight only verifies the truth or to say what already is. The same with the commandments.

#60 freeatlast, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012