1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Judgment Books in Heaven

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

The Judgment Books in Heaven --how are we Judged by God?

Reading over all these things in the Bible that have to do with how we are judged in the Judgment, what do you think?

"I beheld," says the prophet Daniel, "till thrones were placed, and One that was Ancient of Days did sit: His raiment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like pure wool; His throne was fiery flames, and the wheels thereof burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before Him: thousand thousands ministered unto Him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened." Daniel 7:9, 10

The books of record in heaven, in which the names and the deeds of men are registered, are to determine the decisions of the judgment. Says the prophet Daniel: "The judgment was set, and the books were opened." The revelator, describing the same scene, adds: "Another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works." Revelation 20:12.

The book of life contains the names of all who have ever entered the service of God. Jesus bade His disciples: "Rejoice, because your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20.

And John says that those only shall enter the city of God whose names "are written in the Lamb's book of life." Revelation 21:27.

Daniel 12:1: And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

The Lord declared to Moses: "Whosoever hath sinned against Me, him will I blot out of My book." Exodus 32:33.

And says the prophet Ezekiel: "When the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, . . . all his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned." Ezekiel 18:24.

"A book of remembrance" is written before God, in which are recorded the good deeds of "them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon His name." Malachi 3:16.

"For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

"Every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment." Ecclesiastes 12:14

Says the Saviour: "By thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Matthew 12:36, 37.
    "Behold, it is written before Me, . . . your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the Lord." Isaiah 65:6, 7.

Says the psalmist: "Thou tellest my wanderings: put Thou my tears into Thy bottle: are they not in Thy book?" Psalm 56:8.

The law of God is the standard by which the characters and the lives of men will be tested in the judgment. Says the wise man: "Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment." Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14.

The apostle James admonishes his brethren: "So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty." James 2:12

Those who in the judgment are "accounted worthy" will have a part in the resurrection of the just. Jesus said: "They which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, . . . are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection." Luke 20:35, 36. And again He declares that "they that have done good" shall come forth "unto the resurrection of life." John 5:29.

The Lord declares, by the prophet Isaiah: "I, even I, am He that blotteth out thy transgressions for Mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins." Isaiah 43:25.

Said Jesus: "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels." Revelation 3:5

"Whosoever therefore shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny Me before men, him will I also deny before My Father which is in heaven." Matthew 10:32, 33.

"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." Proverbs 28:13

#1 Claudia_T, Jan 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2007
  2. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

These verses scare me. :(

I also ask myself why does God need a book? He knows everything. Why write it down in a book?

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

The Lamb's book of life is the names of christians. Only the saved are in this book, only the saved will go to heaven, the saved will not be judged on whether or not the will go to heaven, that is already settled. The unsaved will be judged on the fact the rejected Christ.

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Because if you do a Bible study on this you will find that during the 1,000 period, God's Saints will be looking at the Books and God is going to explain all the "whys and wherefores" to them about people.

THEY need the books, the records. They will see that God is FAIR in all that He does.

Its the Great Controversy theme throughout the Bible... it is actually GOD who is on trial before the whole Universe. Satan has accused Him of being a liar.

1Cor:6:2: Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?

Rom:3:4: God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

5. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Because if you do a Bible study on this you will find that during the 1,000 period, God's Saints will be looking at the Books and God is going to explain all the "whys and wherefores" to them about people.

THEY need the books, the records. They will see that God is FAIR in all that He does.

Its the Great Controversy theme throughout the Bible... it is actually GOD who is on trial before the whole Universe. Satan has accused Him of being a liar.

1Cor:6:2: Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?

Rom:3:4: God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

God must be found to be BOTH just (fair) and the justifier of those who are saved:

Rom:3:26: To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

This sounds interesting. But somehow it also astonishes me a bit because actually God doesn't have to justify himself, he's God. He can do whatever he wants.

7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

God loves those He created. He wants them to love Him. He CAN do whatever He wants but He doesnt want robots. He wants us to understand Him as much as possible and to choose to serve Him out of love and loyalty and respect for His Laws and for His ways.

He cares enough about us that he isnt arbitrary or a Tyrant. He doesnt HAVE to justify Himself before the Universe, before Angels and men, yet He is willing to.

Thats why the first chapter of Job pulls back the curtains and shows us whats really going on all the time. Satan comes to God and tells Him that Job may be perfect but that he is just serving Him because of all the blessings that God is giving him... but take away everything Job has and we will THEN see if he still will serve you.

It turned out Job lost everything and said "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him!"

Job served God just out of love. He trusted God. Which is what God wants. Our TRUST. No matter what happens He wants us to TRUST HIM.

THAT is why we need the record books of Heaven. Satan LIED to Eve in the Garden of Eden and destroyed humanity's TRUST in God, which needs to be restored.

When we see Jesus up there on that cross we learn to TRUST God, we realize how much He loves us and that Satan LIED about Him.

In that fiery furnace and in that lion's den Daniel said even if God doesnt get me out of this mess, I TRUST HIM and Im not going to bow down to your idols!

8. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is not a question of "who makes God Love man" it is "what did God DECIDE to do".

We could easily argue against the Bible saying "God is sovereign he does not need to Love Man and give himself up for mankind - that makes no sense at all " every time God says something we do not think He is FORCED to do.

But on the other hand - God sovereignly CHOOSES to Love, CHOOSES a free will universe and so CHOOSES to let Lucifer fall EVEN though He could stop it, CHOOSES to let Lucifer take 1/3 of the Angels even though God is powerful enough to stop it, CHOOSES to let Adam be deceived and fall even He is smart enough and strong enough to stop it, CHOOSES to let Israel reject their own messiah -- even though...

CHOOSES to remain on the cross and endure the sufferings of the second death owed for each sin of each person in all of time -- even though...

Which means he also CHOOSES to DEMONSTRATE his point in Job 1 and 2 when He is challenged by Satan SHOWING that His ruling is in fact demonstratably correct when it comes to Job.

in Christ,

Bob

9. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

AMEN! to that...

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is not entirely true.

2Cor 5 says "We must ALL stand before the judgment seat of Christ to given an account for the deeds done in the body whether GOOD or EVIL".

Dan 7 SHOWS that great judgment scene taking place BEFORE the 2nd coming where the saints are the subject and in the end Dan 7:22 "Judgment is passed in FAVOR of the saints".

Paul describes this in detail in Romans 2

Eccl 12:13-14 - says "Fear God and keep His commandments - this applies to EVERY person -- every deed will be brought into judgment - whether good or bad".

Ps 69:28 pronounces a curse on the wicked - that their names SHOULD be blotted out of the book of life.

Christ speaks of "blotting names out of the book of life" as a warning to those who will not repent. But in the end those names that remain are the ones saved as you point out.

in Christ,

Bob

11. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Because if you do a Bible study on this (huh) you will find that during the 1,000 period, God's Saints will be looking at the Books and God is going to explain all the "whys and wherefores" to them about people.

Its the Great Controversy theme throughout the Bible... it is actually GOD who is on trial before the whole Universe. Satan has accused Him of being a liar. by guess who......

What a bunch of junk! Where do these idio... get this stuff? What comic book is she reading from? These people make these ridicules statements like they are factual.

12. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

xdisciplex said he was scared. Which of your answers were helpful to him? Which of your answers gave him peace of heart?

13. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I Corinthians
    9: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

1 Corinthians 6:2,3
    2: Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
    3: Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Revelation 20:4
    1: And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
    2: And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
    3: And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
    4: And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
    5: But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
    6: Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Rom:3:4: God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou (GOD) mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

#13 Claudia_T, Jan 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2007
  14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I gave him 2Cor 5:8-10 and Dan 7 "Judgment passed in favor of the saints" and point out that Romans 2 describes this in detail.

But maybe when we come to this subject - actually mentioning the bible texts that define and describe it is not always "peace and safety" maybe it is put in there as a warning. When I has two small children and lived in a house on a busy street I told them all-kinds-of-scary reasons why they should stay in their big back yard and never go out in the front-yard near the street. There was no "well if you go out there it would hurt my feelings so don't do it too much" in my message to them.

Remember that in Matt 7 God says that MANY fail - by going down the wide road -- that is certainly not "just fine with God" for He is not willing for ANY to perish but for ALL to come to repentance.

So He warns us now rather than simply having everyone come up short at the second coming for the "grand surprise" that He has described for us in Matt 7 and in Matt 25.

in Christ,

Bob