1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Knowledge of the Holy

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Bob Alkire, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

This is a great little book by A.W.Tozer! I can't speak for others but it will change or correct alot of ones view of God. So plain and to me so true.
    Anyone else read this book, and what did you think?
    Bob

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read it 30 years ago (or so) and was impressed with Tozer. Helped me to understand a little more about Who God is.

I would recommend it. Probably pretty hard reading for the present generation of near-illiterates who just 'grajeated' from our local school. Sad.

But worth the read. Thanks for bringing it to mind! [​IMG]

3. LindaB

LindaB New Member

Read it, and reminded me to read it again. I had to read the first time for a class, and unfortunately I was more interested in content than how it would have affected my walk with the Lord.
    So now I need to to some searching for the book again!
    Now reading 'Our Lord Prays for His Own' by Marcus Rainsford. fabulous book on John17
    Im so fed up with the prayer of Jabez movement, I needed to get refocused on something positive instead of seething over the worship of Jabez prayer
    well I just babbled on!
    Linda

4. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

Sorry to bring this topic back up, but I was so impressed by this book... wanted to recommend it to anyone who would give it a read. I am coming to believe that Tozer is one of those rare folks you look at and say "Wow"! If you haven't read it, I guarantee your life will be touched for the positive. Its a short book, maybe 100 pages. But as of right now, its probably the finest book I've ever read. (excluding the WORD, of course!)

Todd

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. mioque

mioque New Member

7. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I have enjoyed all of Tozer's books, or I should say of the ones that I have(about 50).

8. pastorjeff

pastorjeff New Member

Read " That incredible Christian" For Christian living class. Picked up The knowledge of the Holy after that and have enjoyed it compleatly. It may only be 100 pages or less, but it's one of those books that is better when digested slowly.

9. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I found I had an old copy of "The Knowledge of the Holy" on my bookshelves. It is a second hand copy which I haven't as yet got round to reading. I will make it next on my list after your recommendations.

Sheila

10. west

west New Member

I really like Tozer . I have read a few of his books .Not the one you mentioned yet .
    I just bought one of his at the Christian book store Saturday ."Christ The Eternal Son "

11. trailblazer

trailblazer New Member

I read it about 20 years ago. Wow! I marked the really inspiring parts with a yellow highlighter as I was reading. By the time I was finished, all the pages were YELLOW! (well, mostly yellow:)

12. following-Him

I have just finished reading Knowledge of the Holy. I mostly read it as part of my morning quiet time and I learnt a lot from it. Thank you for recommending it.

Blessings

Sheila

13. BruceB

BruceB New Member

I have been reading (slowly to take it all in) The Best of A. W. Tozer, Book 1. Yesterday I purchased The Pursuit of God and hope to make it the focus of a men's small group starting at my church in January. Bruce

14. following-Him

Bruce,

The Pursuit of God is the book I am reading now, as well as the Sovereignty of God. I am sure you will find Tozer a real blessing to you.

I wish our church had a study group like the one you have starting in January.

God Bless

Sheila

15. BruceB

BruceB New Member

Sheila,
    Looks like it is going to happen; yesterday one of the men from my church stopped over to visit, he is going to join and he has another man interested. I have one other friend that wants in too, we hope to have six or seven total and meet for two hours every other Monday night. At this point we all agree on Tozer, so we will pray this happens. It sure is hard to get 6 or 7 men to get their schedules co-ordinated, but we are getting it done. Bruce

16. following-Him

Bruce,

That is really good to hear. I am sure you all will be blessed in your studies.

I might try suggesting something similar for our church.

Blessings

Sheila