1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"The Last Disciple" and the tribulation.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Phillip, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I realize that this is not the book review section, but I think this hould be under the theological section due to the subject matter.

I am currently reading Hank Hannegraafe's and Sigmund Brouwer's book "The Last Disciple".

I certainly have not read enough yet to be convinced of anything, but the first few chapters are well written and the historical view of Nero and friends seems relatively accurate.

If it was really as bad as described, it is certainly difficult to say this was not a major tribulation to Christians, whether or not we consider it the "great tribulation".

Has anybody read it and what are your thoughts? (Don't give away the endings please.)

It is an interesting piece of fiction, I can say that for certain (based on somewhere between fifty and one-hundred pages.)

2. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

I read it. I found it to get better the farther along it went. From what I have read of history it is accurate. They certainly did their homework as far as the historical figures go. Be warned this book is 1 of 3, so the story line does not end.

As far as Trubulation goes, if they ever address the Romans 3 and 1/2 year seige on Jerusalem you haven't seen anything yet.

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Was the seige 3.5 years? Wow, these guys do have some definite points to their theory.

I must say, some people may not call this great tribulation, but just reading about the human torches (with their mouths sewed shut) lining the roads for the drunk Romans to go home is certainly not a minor tribulation.

Does Hannegraff believe in the millinium? Does he believe Christ will come back when we least expect it and then the thousand year reign of Christ begins, or is he completely preterest and believes all prophecy is fulfilled?

It certainly makes sense with Matt 24. Two men in a field one left, two in bed, one left. Run for the hills to avoid. This certainly does not sound like a rapture. It sounds like the seige where 1/2 of the Jews were killed and those who went to the wilderness had a better chance of survival. Besides, the one "gotcha" verse. This generation will not pass before these things happen" (Phillip's paraphrase.)

Then finally Nero's name is numbered 666 in Greek. A coincidence?

Whether it is accurate or not, the history is well researched and the "fit" is very good. I must say that it is written better than Lahaye's books.

I am also not impressed that Lahaye has hired the Oklahom author to write his new military end times book. The same author who came up with "Buffy the vampire slayer" and "Sabrina the teenage witch"; all for kids.

I have lost respect in him.

I also lost respect when there were going to be three books and they are still putting them out. I think they are milking it for all they can possibly get.

4. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I disagree with preterism teachings. Preterism deny future literal physical coming of Christ. They often interpreting these verses into spiritualize.

I believe the event of 70 A.D. in Jerusalem was a true story and history. Of course, there was great tribulation in Jerusalem during year 70 A.D.

But, there are so countless tribulations throughout many centuries after the event of 70 A.D. occured.

I believe 'great tribulation' shall be the worst one than all tribulations, Holcaust, include 70 A.D. event. Because, Antichrist is not yet revealed, once Antichrist revealed, will hit Christians of the world so hard, as the persecutions shall be worldwide spread over the world, it shall be a 'great tribulation'. I believe 'great tribulaiton' is a future event, yet to come.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!