1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The last kingdom on earth.

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by humbleherc, Feb 12, 2004.

1. humbleherc

humbleherc Guest

2. Tim

Tim New Member

The last kingdom on earth? Christ's!
    (This should be one of the few things we amils and you dispensationalists agree on.)

Tim

3. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Tim, of course we agree. We just think he uses an actual rod of iron to rule with and not the wiffle bat that you amils believe he uses.

4. Tim

Tim New Member

DD,

Did Christ use a wiffle bat against Hitler, Saddam ?

Tim

5. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

His reign over the earth RIGHT NOW is not the same as it will be.

6. Tim

Tim New Member

DD,

We agree! His eternal reign over earth and heaven will be different than His reign right now.

Tim

7. Primitive Baptist

Primitive Baptist New Member

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. -Revelation 2:26, 27

This was a promise to the church at Pergamos of something future, therefore not realized in the resurrection, ascension, etc.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. -Revelation 19:15

This is the Second Coming of Christ because, according to Revelation 2:25-27, it is upon the Second Coming that the saints will reign with Christ (cf. Revelation 20:4-6).

Revelation 19:15 cannot be referring to the New Heavens and the New Earth because His rule with a "rod of iron" signifies the existence of hostility which will not exist in the New Heavens and the New Earth "wherein dwelleth righteousness" (II Peter 3:13).

8. Primitive Baptist

Primitive Baptist New Member

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. -Revelation 2:26, 27

This was a promise to the church at Pergamos of something future, therefore not realized in the resurrection, ascension, etc.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. -Revelation 19:15

This is the Second Coming of Christ because, according to Revelation 2:25-27, it is upon the Second Coming that the saints will reign with Christ (cf. Revelation 20:4-6).

Revelation 19:15 cannot be referring to the New Heavens and the New Earth because His rule with a "rod of iron" signifies the existence of hostility which will not exist in the New Heavens and the New Earth "wherein dwelleth righteousness" (II Peter 3:13).

9. humbleherc

humbleherc Guest