1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Law and the Gospel: Different Dispensations?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jan 27, 2014.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Many are gonna be shocked to find out that when Christ returns in the Cloud, that He'll have His reward with Him then. It's then that He will separate the sheep and goats, and the sheep go home to Glory and the goats to everlasting torment and shame.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think you could stand in the final judgment if the standard is 'The Golden Rule'?
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=2074101#post2074101

#22 kyredneck, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  3. thisnumbersdisconnected

That's at the end of the Tribulation, and as the Rapture occurs before the Tribulation, this will be the reward and punishment of those who become faithful, and remain so to the end, during the Tribulation.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Although I disagree totally with your dispy oriented sequence of events of the judgment in Mt 25, I ask, from your previous question, what do you think is the standard that Christ is judging from here?:

33 and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
    34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    35 for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in;
    36 naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me.
    41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels:
    42 for I was hungry, and ye did not give me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink;
    43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked, and ye clothed me not; sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not unto one of these least, ye did it not unto me.
    46 And these shall go away into eternal punishment: but the righteous into eternal life. Mt 25

(Lol, sounds like a whoooole lot went on during those 'seven years of great tribulation')

#24 kyredneck, Jan 29, 2014
  5. beameup

beameup Member

I have no idea what you are conjuring up here.
    Romans through Philemon are written to/for the Body of Christ.

But contrariwise, when they saw that the Gospel of the Uncircumcision was committed unto me [Paul],
    as the Gospel of the Circumcision was unto Peter Galatians 2:7

The Gospel of the Circumcision emphasizes the role of Israel (the Jewish Nation) ushering in the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth (ie: Millennium).
    "Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven"

#25 beameup, Jan 29, 2014
  6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Just to refresh your memory you posted:
    Which is absolute nonsense and I responded as follows:
    So you see beameup your argument is foolishly contrary to Scripture once again but then hyper-dispensationalism is contrary to Scripture.

There is only one Gospel beameup, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Any other gospel is heretical!

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, rather most of us believe that we are still under the moral aspects of the law, but that God wrote that upon us in new natures, and the way to keep them for today is by living and abiding in the presense and person of the Holy Spirit!

Not anti law, but anti keeping it in order to get or kept saved by God!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the save dwill be gloried and depart, while the unsaved remain in the great tribulation period!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Dispy, but I see the NT scriptures started with the 4 Gospels, and that ALL of the Bible is to be read and applied, OT/NT, not JUST Pauiline Epistles now!

10. beameup

beameup Member

Catholic doctrine would concur with equality (actually elevation) of the "Gospels" for doctrine. "He that endures to the end shall be saved".

Unfortunately, Jesus was not addressing "the church" in the "Gospels", he was addressing Israel (Jews).
    "He came unto his own, but his own received him not". He spoke the words that the Father gave him to speak.
    It's very clear in scripture that "the church" was a hidden mystery that was revealed to Paul.
    Paul (actually the Holy Spirit) states in 3 places that he is THE Apostle to the Gentiles.
    Paul is FOUNDATIONAL, Paul is the MASTERBUILDER. Catholic clergy detest such "free thinking".

Feel free to believe whatever you want.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Do you have the OT books as inspired canon then, or is your bible just for today the Pauline Epistles? Would make for a small one, thats for sure!

12. beameup

beameup Member

Jews elevate the Torah above the rest of Scripture (Tanakh)
    Catholics elevate the Gospels above the rest of Scripture
    I elevate the Pauline Epistles above the rest of Scripture

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

1 Thes. 4, Matt. 25, and Rev. 20 are all talking about the same event when both small and great stand before Him. In the dispy view, only the goats will stand before Him, yet Matt. 25 and Rev. 20 refute that conclusion, imo.

14. thisnumbersdisconnected

1 Thessalonians 4 is talking about the Rapture, and the subject is further developed in 2 Thessalonians 2. Matthew 25:31-46 is the end of the Tribulation when the saints of that period prior to final judgment are called before the Lord along with those who survived the Earthly battles who did not believe. Revelation 20 is actually the final judgment. Three different events.
    I'm a dispensationalist. It's obvious both the sheep and the goats stand before Him. Where do you get the idea dispensationalists think only the goats will stand?

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Yeshua1 for one...

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fail......

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe thatChristians get judged for their good works as to eternal rewards ay Bhema seat of Christ, while lost go to GWT....

18. thisnumbersdisconnected

::: Making note to talk to Yeshua1 :::

19. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    From chap 19 of the 1689 confession of faith;

5._____ The moral law doth for ever bind all, as well justified persons as others, to the obedience thereof, and that not only in regard of the matter contained in it, but also in respect of the authority of God the Creator, who gave it; neither doth Christ in the Gospel any way dissolve, but much strengthen this obligation.
    ( Romans 13:8-10; James 2:8, 10-12; James 2:10, 11; Matthew 5:17-19; Romans 3:31 )

6._____ Although true believers be not under the law as a covenant of works, to be thereby justified or condemned, yet it is of great use to them as well as to others, in that as a rule of life, informing them of the will of God and their duty, it directs and binds them to walk accordingly; discovering also the sinful pollutions of their natures, hearts, and lives, so as examining themselves thereby, they may come to further conviction of, humiliation for, and hatred against, sin; together with a clearer sight of the need they have of Christ and the perfection of his obedience; it is likewise of use to the regenerate to restrain their corruptions, in that it forbids sin; and the threatenings of it serve to shew what even their sins deserve, and what afflictions in this life they may expect for them, although freed from the curse and unallayed rigour thereof. The promises of it likewise shew them God's approbation of obedience, and what blessings they may expect upon the performance thereof, though not as due to them by the law as a covenant of works; so as man's doing good and refraining from evil, because the law encourageth to the one and deterreth from the other, is no evidence of his being under the law and not under grace.
    ( Romans 6:14; Galatians 2:16; Romans 8:1; Romans 10:4; Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7, etc; Romans 6:12-14; 1 Peter 3:8-13 )

7._____ Neither are the aforementioned uses of the law contrary to the grace of the Gospel, but do sweetly comply with it, the Spirit of Christ subduing and enabling the will of man to do that freely and cheerfully which the will of God, revealed in the law, requireth to be done.
    ( Galatians 3:21; Ezekiel 36:27 )