1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Law Of God

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Bob Krajcik, May 8, 2005.

1. Bob Krajcik

Bob Krajcik New Member

For the readers consideration. . .

The Law Of God

Romans 8:7 (KJV) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

This is how I am understanding the Romans 8:7 passage. I hope this is found helpful. I’m learning. . .

The law is spiritual, yet even as we are in Christ, after the flesh we are carnal, so that with the flesh we serve the law of sin and so are subject to die physically (2Co 10:13; Rom 7:14-25). Those regenerated have the new inner man, born of God, that is spiritual and is impeccable (1Joh 3:6; 5:18; Eph 3:16), and is subject to the law of God (Rom 7:22). We wait for the redemption of the flesh, for then the carnal will be put off, completely (1Joh 2:28; 3:2). Being born again, unlike the first man Adam, our inner man cannot sin and is not subject to death. After the flesh, we still are subject to sin and death.

All are subject to the law as far as the wages of sin. It is my understanding, as it is taught in the Bible, nothing the unregenerate does is pleasing to God (Rom 8:8). In this present world, all are subject to government and thus law (Rom 13:1-4). While man’s best is counted as falling short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23; Isa 64:6), it must be considered that all are subject to government, and thus to law. Never would it be said the unregenerate would have their works accepted of God, but they are subject to God.

Salvation does not come based on man’s action. Our own actions would destroy us, but help comes from God (Hos 13:9). Ye must be born again (Joh 3:7). As a result of our having been born again, we believe. As a result of our having been born again, we call on the name of the Lord. As a result of our having been born again, with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. As a result of our having been born again, we have faith. As a result of our having been born again, we are saved. Salvation is of the Lord.

The works of the law require that we do and earn. Our salvation is not a case of our doing to live, it is not a case of our believing to live, it is not a case of our calling on the name of the Lord to live, but it is a case of our having been born again, therefore we live. That is wonderful good news.

Romans 8:31-39

Regarding obedience, that is something I believe is counterfeited the same as the new birth and salvation is sometimes counterfeited. Paul the apostle certainly had to deal with that problem and the same multifaceted problem is here today (Rom 3:8; Gal 3:3).

In our Christian faith, first is the new birth, and with that new life, eternal life. Along with the new life comes new desires. As I understand, the Christian has a quiet and humble assurance of life eternal, a confidence (1Joh 5:13), and along with that confidence that we are certainly saved there is a fearful working out of salvation (Php 2:12-13). There is no working out in order to be saved, and no working out to remain saved. We are saved eternally. The more I consider these things the more I am amazed at what Christ has done for us.

It is a joy to serve the Lord!

By grace,
    Bob Krajcik
    Mansfield, Ohio
    April 5, 2005