1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Legacy of John Stott

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by shodan, Aug 6, 2011.

1. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

One wonders what real impact shooting stars of the Christian world make upon everyday Christians. One of Stott's many books was entitled Our Guilty Silence

This recent event hightlights Stott's point:

The Need for an Informed Worldview
    Worldview and You
    By: Tom Gilson|Published: August 1, 2011

Frank Turek is a management trainer and team builder whose clients until recently included the technology company Cisco Systems. He was well liked there; managers gave him consistently high marks on their end-of-course evaluations. Several months ago, though, one of those managers found out he had written a book arguing against gay “marriage.” That topic had never come up in the class sessions. Still, the manager went to Cisco’s human resource department about it, and Frank was immediately dismissed.

I talked with Frank shortly after Mike Adams, a Townhall.com columnist, broke the news about this incident. Besides his work in management training and development, Frank is an insightful speaker and writer on worldview and apologetics, so I asked him for his thoughts on the worldview implications of Cisco’s decision. I wasn’t expecting his answer: “I lay it at the feet of the church.”

Laying It at the Feet of the Church

He went on to explain, “None of this would be happening if the church was really being salt and light. How does a minority of 2% to 3% make us cower in our cubicles? Why are there people at Cisco who actually think this way? We surrendered the country to the secularists...."

http://www.breakpoint.org/features-columns/breakpoint-columns/entry/2/17579