1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The lie "about" Onlyism

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by stilllearning, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

It would be funny, if it wasn’t so sad.

I arrived here at the BB a few years ago, talking about the superiority of the KJB, and as you can imagine I was assaulted with an onslaught of criticism.
    (But I held firm and continued to make my point.)

And praise the Lord, over the years I learned many things about the Bible and the Lord wonderfully blessed my faithfulness and helped me to fine-tune my position.

Therefore, over the years my argument has changed: It is no longer pro-KJB, but now I am simply encouraging people to “believe an English Bible version”(if they speak English)!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Well, because my defense of Scripture changed, the attacks upon my position had to also change.
    Now, it is moving away from attacking the KJBO position, to attacking something called Onlyism.

In other words, my persistence(and the persistence of others), has paid off.
    (By revealing the root of this problem!)

It’s not being KJBO that most of the people here object to; It’s believing that “any English version of the Bible” is God’s preserved Word.

Many here, openly and proudly say, that “no version of the Bible is God’s preserved Word”:
    This statement begs for a new thread, asking the question....
    “Does a person have to believe the Bible to be saved?”

Now, certainly no one here would openly say, that they don’t believe the Bible.
    (But in their arguments against Onlyism, this is exactly what they are saying!)

If you say that “no Bible”, can be considered God’s preserved Word:
    You might as well admit it to yourself and the world, that you don’t believe the Bible!
    By the way, “the lie about Onlyism”, is that it is something bad.
    When actually Onlyism, is a statement of faith, in God’s preserved Word.

But so many people have been conditioned to think, that “Onlyism is bad” and have simply followed the crowd, without thinking about that position.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This inflammatory misrepresentation of other's beliefs is closed. Members are not going to question each other's trust in the Bible.

#2 NaasPreacher (C4K), Jul 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.