1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Line Between Saved And Unsaved

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by saturneptune, Jan 17, 2013.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ultimately no one can know the heart of another. I don't believe we can judge another's Salvation. If a person says they believe in the death and resurrection of Christ. Who are we to say in our hearts that they aren't saved. We can't walk in there shoes. There isn't even one of us who has no sin. especially when it's sin just to think about it. I use to think that when I got older it would get eaiser. No truth in that.
    We don't know however we will one day in the presence of God.
    MB

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I know is that calvinism/arminianism or any other Ism does not save, jesus does!

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

NO.....13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They were Spiritual people{believers} who were acting out of character in this one sin. Paul is rebuking them saying they are acting as men, as carnal, as natural men not having the Spirit.

3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but

He wanted to.

as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

But their behaviour is not any different from the natural man of 1 Cor2.....look up the GK. words used, and contrasted here and in Romans 8 by Paul.
    They were not growing,but remaining as babes.....as carnal....

4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

As far as their actions were...they were just like the carnal....as carnal

3 And I, brethren, was not able to speak to you as to spiritual, but as to fleshly -- as to babes in Christ;

2 with milk I fed you, and not with meat, for ye were not yet able, but not even yet are ye now able,

3 for yet ye are fleshly, for where [there is] among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not fleshly, and in the manner of men do walk?

4 for when one may say, `I, indeed, am of Paul;' and another, `I -- of Apollos;' are ye not fleshly?

This is the particular sin being identified.
    says that sarkikos describes the lusts which have their source in man's corrupt and fallen nature, and the man is sarkikos who allows to the flesh a place which does not belong to it of right; in 1 Cor. 3:1 sarkinos is an accusation far less grave than sarkikos would have been. The Corinthians saints were making no progress, but they were not anti-spiritual in respect of the particular point with which the Apostle was there dealing. In 1 Cor 3:3,4, they are charged with being sarkikos.

Listen to these messages for an explanation of the greek words used here.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=6709225934

If you go to the 34 minute mark,you will learn the teaching of the two greek words used for the one english word translated....carnal
    At the 49-54 minute mark, the greek words showing the Old nature is co -crucified are explained...we do not do it, it is done to us by the Spirit if we are christians.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=11110485122
    http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sid=11110485918

4 that the righteousness of the law may be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

5 For those who are according to the flesh, the things of the flesh do mind; and those according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit;

6 for the mind of the flesh [is] death, and the mind of the Spirit -- life and peace;

7 because the mind of the flesh [is] enmity to God, for to the law of God it doth not subject itself,

8 for neither is it able; and those who are in the flesh are not able to please God.

9 And ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God doth dwell in you; and if any one hath not the Spirit of Christ -- this one is not His;

#24 Iconoclast, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
  5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbs::applause::thumbs::wavey:

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    saturneptune
    it is so...or Paul would have contradicted himself later in the letter and in Romans 8:1-14....
    11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

here he speaks of one....who is called a brother...
    he does not say he is a brother...he says he is called a brother....if he is living a carnal lifestyle...he is carnal in the heart...

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

We are to mortify sin By the Spirit.We are still able to sin, but not under it's power. God will chasten christians who are drifting into sin.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    a Chrsitian can chose to live and walk in the flesh, in the sense of relying upon their own willpower and efforts to serve and obey the lord, or else chose to surrender to the Spriit and have fruit and faithfulness in service/living for God...

Think we are just using "flesh" in different ways here!