1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Lord Looks Down & Shakes His Head

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

So in light of the bible you're saying God wants us to share a prayer request with others to express our murderous hearts.:laugh:

What Christian hasn't? Well, sag thinks people like me are "holier than thou" yet he's the one talking like he's holier.:type:

If a prayer request associated with the above were made to ask "pray for me because i am having trouble with something in this area..." I agree.

I am not trying to pry and won't ask for any details, but consider me a prayer partner with your situation, God knows all about and I'm sure an answer will come very soon.

It's when the desires of our hearts are made known unto Him God goes into immediate action.:thumbsup:

2. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

you just got finished telling everyone else how holy you are and then expect anyone to take you serious?

Why not just stay with the discussion and stop being the devil's advocate?

I haven't been here long, but off-topic remarks and trying to derail a thread don't seem to be smiled upon by the mods.

Would you be offended if I pray for you? Of course I'll be on my knees down here below the bottom of the scum bucket, but you really don't mind a brother in Christ praying do you?

3. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

Call me "Hon" and I'll wink back at you, call me "Dear" and I'll blow you a holy kiss!:laugh: But you should know I am happily married and commited to being totally faithful to my wife and my Lord, besides, she'll probably whoop you and me.:type:

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Still waiting for a reply to this:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by paul wassona [​IMG]
    Just more insults is all you have for me and I should grow up???? This way you can feel superior.

Paul,

I would like ONE quote where I have insulted you, please.

5. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I have stayed out of this topic, but I will give my two cents for what it is worth.

For myself personally I don't usually ask for public prayer request unless it is a little more to the serious nature. There are however some people that regularly seem to ask for things that IMO, for myself would lean towards the trivial side for a public request. However, I don't let that bother me because that is between them and the Lord. The thing is though if I ever start to find it was bothering me I would pray to try and have more patience and understanding. In other words, I look at that as more my problem, not theirs.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

some people just don't beleive inprayer, we see at least one here arguing agianst prayer.

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Even if you thought I was young, 1) that was an assumption, and assumptions should not be made here, and 2) even if I were young, calling someone "dear" on the BB is not really appropriate, unless you know the person and know they have no objections. It doesn't fit on a debate forum.

But thanks for not doing it in the future.

No, amazingly, chaos doesn't rule at all. I made that point earlier. We allow any requests - there is no limit at all.

This is totally beside the point.We are not talking about interrupting anyone.

We have no manmade order re prayer request in my SS class or in small groups I've been in. Sometimes the requests in SS take 15 minutes but no one objects. It's bonded us together. Praying together is an important part of Christian fellowship, and no one feel his/her request is trivial, or unimportant.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think you are displaying several biblical principles here - to have patience with your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to be humbled when you feel that someone is bothering you and pray for understanding and grow in Christ as a result, rather than belittle or control the requests of others.

9. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

I was ignoring your first time asking, but when you tell some one to "grow up" it is an insult.

Do you really think that little of me?

10. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

You're arguing against common sense. No one is against prayer here, so why is it you say something that is a ficticious and now has become a vicious lie????

11. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

We don't allow "any requests", some are outright gossip and some even to vent in anger.

I have had to sit a few down right in the middle of their "prayer request" becuase of this and even had to openly rebuke one lady for going into gross detail about her daughter's sins. She is just bitter against her and was using a prayer request time to belittle her.

I appreciate the spirit in which you are now responding to dcorbet and you should continue to consider what she means before going out on a limb.

12. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

Steven, good point, and one must be careful about what may seem trivial to others because too many times people run with it and use it against you. Not much different than one in here keeps accusing others of some really hateful things.

13. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

When you go around twisting people's words and accusing them of things they haven't done then you need to develop some maturity.

IMHO, of course.

14. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Did some of Harold Garvey's friends show up here to haunt us or something? They pour out judgment and when called on it they throw accusations around. There's no give and take. Some folks just have their spiritual shoes tied a little too tight. It must be hard bearing the weight of all that holier than thou living and all the trappings that come with it.

15. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, we've never had that problem at my church - at least, I've never heard anyone do that. That wasn't the point of this discussion though. It was about someone praying for a sick/injured dog. In fact, I made a point early on that I was not talking about prayers for immoral actions (or in this case, prayer to spread gossip).

16. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

Then your opinion is just another insult

17. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is amazing, as you said.

Not beside the point. The point is, do you NOT have any rules of order in your church? Some are unwritten, they are just COMMON SENSE decorum. Just like modesty is COMMON SENSE for most. The trouble with our world today is this: people think they can do whatever they want whenever they want, and no boundaries exist. That is a big chunk of what is wrong with many of our schools, with many of our institutions, and we prepetuate the problem when we allow anything and everything to happen within the confines of the church...there are mostly unwritten rules, but they are definitely in place for good reasons.

If they are important requests, I can see where 15 min is fine. If they are trivial and distracting from the lesson and draining precious time from the lesson time, which is the PRIMARY FUNCTION OF SUNDAY SCHOOL, then no, it is not good. Sunday School time is not long enough as it is!

I don't know why we are arguing this. Most reasonable people would not argue this, because they wouldn't think of taking away from Bible teaching by going on and on about something trivial. Chaos would rule. And we know who the master of chaos is.

I am done with this topic.

19. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

I must do some research on Harold Garvey, because I'm sure he dredged up some of the devil's ministers who appear as ministers of light. The devil's ministers find occasion and durst bring railing accusations against christains. God holds the eternal home of the soul in much higher esteem than the life of a dog. God also is concerned about the cares of people towards people, but the bible speaks expressly against having to high affection towards animals over people. But after some interactions I've had with those "ministers" I see why a dog is ma's best friend! Did you all torment and taunt HG into leaving?

20. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Please provide scriptural support for your (bolded by me) claim. Thanks.

HG was banned because he had a haughty attitude kind of like some current posters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.