1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Lord Looks Down & Shakes His Head

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

Don't confuse reverence for God with haughtiness. I'll check out "HG" if a banned person can be seen along with their posts. But as far as this topic I'm gonna do like dcorbet and be thru with it.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I don't understand why people can't answer direct questions... well, whatever.

3. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

Two expressions: man is created in the image of God and is fearfully and wonderfully made, men worshipped the creature more than the Creator and God gave them over to their vile affections. Creature worship, too high a level of importance Of animals, is the beginning of beastiality. Sodomy begins with creature worship too. No further discussing those vile affections in respect of "no human sexuality discussions". There's your answer, Mexdeaf, now if you'll accept it by precept and not have it spelled out for you. I only came back into this thread because your tone has become a little more civil. If you think this needs discussing further start a new one, but be forewarned about the "no sexuality" rule.

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Thank you for gracing us with your presence and for your explanation. Your interpretation, however, is wrong. "Creature" in the Scriptures that you are using does not refer to "animals"- it refers to human beings.

5. paul wassona

paul wassona New Member

A person cannot even be nice to you without your going back into insult mode. DONE

6. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I thought his highness was done with this thread. I guess not.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It refers to anything created.

8. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. God must surely shake His head at someone who claims to be a Christian, yet would be so cruel as to mock someone for praying for their dog.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, it's common sense, that's why we don't have limits or rules about prayer requests. People don't act immature or gossipy because they know better. But no one has to control the requests to get this response.

You're going off topic here. We are not talking about doing away with all rules in society!! We are talking about letting people make prayer requests according to their needs without judging them. If someone steps over the line once in a while, that's the price of liberty in Christ and we should be able to deal with it, and unless it is repeated or someone has a problem (and should be spoken to privately) this does not require limiting who can be prayed for.

10. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Wow, a perfect church...with perfect people.

11. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Actually dc, we thought you were the one who attended the better church based on you condescending attitude and holier than thou attitude toward Marcia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.