1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Los Angeles police are at it again.

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Terry_Herrington, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

In the video section of the CNN website there is a clip that shows the Los Angeles police pepper spray a suspect after is is handcuffed and is sitting in the back seat of a patrol car.

I do not doubt that if this man is guilty of what he is charged with he should be found guilty and put in prison. But, I don't think this gives the police the right to behave in this manner toward someone who is in custody.

BTW, this clip also shows the LA police beating a man who is being arrested. This man is also in a helpless position lying on the ground struggling to breath because one of the officers has his knee on the suspects throat.

http://www.cnn.com

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Many handcuffed people have kicked out the windows of police cars.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Probably just trying to breath after the pepper spray...

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For all the bad publicity about them, I'd still give cops the benefit of a doubt.
    Remember that media can, and do, edit their footages and sometimes show only what they feel could raise their ratings and the emotion of viewers.
    Also, it is easy to talk of patience and professionalism but sometimes when you're in the receiving end of verbal abuse and physical threats from felons it is just as easy to lose composure.
    I work the phones and there are stupid callers whose sarcasm drip like acid thru the headset.
    Some felons know police are in a kind of balance and the language that comes out of their mouths can be really challenging.
    Now, on the other hand, there are cops who couldn't care less who's watching.