1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Louisiana Shakedown

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Procuring all this money from tax payers nation wide will set a new trend in the on going "benefits for votes" schemes by which the federal government is demanded to be 100% responsible to make all persons - and states - "whole" from any loss in addition to being responsible for prevention and response.

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

McCain Economy Bloc

There's opporutnity galore in the name of disaster relief!

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Dragoon

Comments by John Stossel:

Is that 'the' John Stossel?

5. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Gale-Force Exaggeration, Katrina's Other Consequence

Don't forget this lesson the next time there's a crisis and you're making your own decisions off what the news media, or even your friendly public servants, are telling you.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I have written my two senators and Representative to express my views about waste of taxpayer money. Have you written yours?

7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

No, I haven't written to my representatives about these subjects yet. However, I do let them know how I feel about things fairly often so this subject will soon be covered. We all need to keep the pressure on for what we want our government to do and not do.

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Louisiana is asking the federal government to spend $250 billion for Hurricane Katrina relief. Those funds would come from taxes we all would pay at some point even if by the next generation of Americans. If we split this money up evenly among 2.5 million victims that would provide each one with $100,000! If we split if up proportionally to the actual damages incurred they could receive anywhere from $500,000 to $5,000 each! If we qualified the true victims to a fewer and more realistic number some folks could make out real good financially on the deal. That would sure cut out a lot of government handlers! Short of just not funding this through federal money at all it would be the best deal possible for everyone.

9. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Well, finally the feds are being stopped from giving out contracts without competitive bidding. One of the biggest beneficiaries had been our old friend Halliburton.

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Nagin Rolls Dice On New Orleans

Yep, that's Nagin way he thinks! It means more opportunity for local politicians. All New Orleans needs is more gambling to drag it further down into crime and moral decay.

Who's Cleaning Up New Orleans?

As I've said all along, let the residents come home and put them to work cleaning up the place instead of the tens of thousands of outsiders who were moved in. If it's safe for those who are there it's just as safe for those who are not.