1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Many Insurmountable Difficulties of Futurism: The Temple of God

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Oct 31, 2014.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Actually Jesus Christ made the temple sacrifices worthless and in 70AD He used Rome to destroy the temple as He said in Matthew 24! You do know that when He died on the Cross the vail of the temple split!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The Baptist Faith and Message adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in Atlanta, Georgia on June 14, 2000 writes of the Church in Section VI as follows:
    Sort of goes against the Darby-pre-trib-rapture-ready-dispensationalist grain does it not!

John Walvoord, former president of Dallas Seminary, writes, regarding the definition of the church, [Major Bible Prophecies, page 282]:

We see from the definition of the Church as presented in the Baptist Faith and Message and the remarks by Walvoord that the doctrine of a pretribulation rapture of the Church contradicts current Southern Baptist Doctrine as well as historic Baptist Doctrine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When people use "rightly dividing" it usually means they think they are right and everybody else is wrong. Usually it is they who are wrong.

• Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
    Only one church.

That comes from wrongly dividing.

The phrase "Local Church" doesn't appear in scripture.

"I will build my church;" Not - "I will build my local church;"

4. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea how a Christian would think that the temple will literally be rebuilt, along with animal sacrifices - no idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good point.

And then we have this in Rev 11

18 The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come,
    And the time of the dead, that they should be judged,
    And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints,
    And those who fear Your name, small and great,
    And should destroy those who destroy the earth.”

19 Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.

6. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

"Amen," I say, as a non-partisan biblical breath of exegetical sanity sweeps across the Baptist Board, through the likes of brothers David Kent and Brian.

Our spiritual forefathers -- [John Purvey included, as Rippon wisely numbers him among the catalogue of outstanding saints] -- understood the true Church as comprised of all God's Elect throughout history.

7. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is an absolutely false teaching which goes to the heart of the problem. There is no pre tribulation rapture. The saints will be raised on the last day and the judgement will be on the last day as I have posted before,

It is appointed for man once to die then the judgement, One judgement.