1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The mark of the beast...coming to a town near you

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Aug 17, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Check this out:

The word in greek which is used in Rev 13:18 for six hundred threescore and six is this:

G5516
    χξς
    chi xi stigma
    khee xee stig'-ma
    The 22nd, 14th and an obsolete letter (G4742 as a cross) of the Greek alphabet (intermediate between the 5th and 6th), used as numbers; denoting respectively 600, 60 and 6; 666 as a numeral: - six hundred threescore and six.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Definition[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]
      [*] a mark pricked in or branded upon the body. To ancient oriental usage, slaves and soldiers bore the name or the stamp of their master or commander branded or pricked (cut) into their bodies to indicate what master or general they belonged to, and there were even some devotee's who stamped themselves in this way with the token of their gods
      [/FONT]
    Can you think of anything which would meet these requirements?

http://www.endtime.com/audio.asp

http://www.nonationalid.com/

watch these 2 videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l39XsMcyvgA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49byH2zSATg&mode=related&search=

#1 xdisciplex, Aug 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2006
  2. gekko

gekko New Member

well then. interesting.

there's three things that could be taken: the mark, the name, the number.
    ---

but does it really matter what it is?
    I wont let anything go near my right hand or my forehead.

even at places like six flags where they give you the stamp and all that - i wont let them put it on my right hand. just creeps me out.

it doesnt matter to me - if they ask me to put it in my right hand or forehead - i wont take it.

then comes the question - if its planted elsewhere - would you take it?

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

This is something which I don't really understand.
    I mean the people in America will most likely all have heard of 666 and the mark of the beast. Even if they don't believe in it will they not become suspicious if the government tells them they need to get chipped either in their forehead or the right hand? I mean the people aren't completely dumb. Shouldn't everybody get that this is exactly what the bible talks about? Shouldn't this wake everybody up?
    I ask myself how the antichrist is going to make people accept the mark of the beast because you won't find many people, except the satanists, which are willing to accept Satan.

4. gekko

gekko New Member

which is why we must warn people that they should not accept anything that does in their right hand or in their forehead.

simple as that. if we try to interpret what the mark of the beast actually is - its going to be too late and people will have taken it before we can even say "Stop!"

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But doesn't the majority of people know this right hand & forehead stuff?
    Does this mean that everybody who knows about it, even if he's an unbeliever, will not accept it and become a believer once he realizes that the bible was right?
    Concepts like the rapture are also totally famous, who hasn't heard of the rapture? At least in the US everybody knows what it is. How will Satan be able to deceive the rest of the world after the rapture? Will they not all understand what this was?

6. gekko

gekko New Member

you'd be surprised how many people dont know jack about it...

but you raise a good question. ..

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Yes.
    It would be logical if most of the people which are left behind after the rapture wake up and realize that the bible is right. I mean with all the rapture movies and all the people talking about the rapture how can the left behind humans not get it?

8. gekko

gekko New Member

because they are not of God - they are children of wrath.

9. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Mark of the beast is far more disguised than that. "Sin" in the Bible is not defined as "having something that identifies who you are".

So while it IS true that those who setup and promote the mark of the beast MUST also have a way to IDENTIFY those who have accepted it - it is not true that getting a stamp on your hand at Disney World is accepting the Mark of the Beast!

10. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Sad to say, but I believe it is and will be extremely easy. I believe Satan is using false prophets in the pulpits of the churches and some caught up in the money trap of writing books on the end times, that will freely tell you that if in fact you are a believer, the mark has nothing to do with you at all, for you will be raptured prior to the mark being given. I have heard them say that you can take a mark as a believer anywhere you like today, and that it cannot be the mark of the beast, for again, the mark is only given to those after the rapture not before.

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Gekko, I'm really surprised at you!

Only those opposed to God will take the mark of the beast. They will want it! This is not a matter of getting the mark accidentally on your hand or forehead.

I don't think we know what this really means but I imagine the scenario could be something like this:

A world leader is able to bring peace to the Middle East - he is charismatic (as in charming), intelligent, kind. He has tremendous influence. Taking the "mark" might mean you get special benefits for following him. It will seem wonderful, even spiritual.

Let's not forget 2 Cor 11.13-14

Keep in mind that the believers will be marked with a seal from God (see Rev. 7).

12. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Just something to think about. In Genesis it is said that satan that old serpent was subtile. Eve fell for the lie he told her. Now spin forward to 2006. People need money to survive but people are stealing credit cards, identities, children, cars... you have illegal aliens and terrorist who with one quick scan could be identified also theres people are moving around so much that medical records are being tranfered and sometimes lost. There are cars that have a keyless key that will unlock and crank for you as you come close to it with the chip on your person. Hummmm all it would take for some is to tell them they are going to be left afoot with no finances and they would think it would be ok because everyone would like to know that their kid is at all the time (there a new cell phone I seen advertised on T.V, the other night that has this tracking capabilities). With todays technology the possibility of a universal mark could be right around the corner. Some will be decieved thinking it will protect them and their loved ones.
    When it comes down to it... I would be one to refuse it. I'll just put my trust in the Lord. :thumbs:

13. scorpia

scorpia New Member

It is a tragedy and not a number of man

Except that you encounter the Lord God as Paul did, you cannot find the truth with respect to this 666 as written in the book of Apocalypse. Only the Lord God Jesus Christ knows this 666 and those whom the Lord God had spoken to about this numbers.

We would like to share with you what we learned from the Lord God Jesus Christ about this number 666. The Lord said that this 666 is not a number of any man but a number of the last tragedy that occured in this earth which serves as the door for the devil to come down to this earth bringing with us this great tribulation that we are now exactly in . This 666th tragedy is the tragic incident of the twin towers in New Youk in 9/11/01 which gives way to the existence of the great tribulation that all the people of the earth are now watching its leaves falling one by one at the different parts of the globe until the full destruction comes in the Second Coming of the Lord God Jesus Christ. It is also called by the Lord God as "island-island jugment (pulu-pulong paghuhukom)" wherein the devil will manifest also in the flesh for a period of time less than that of what is recorded in the bible.

#13 scorpia, Aug 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  14. scorpia

scorpia New Member

devil's temporary power

The Lord will temporary give the devil , during his (devil) manifestation in the flesh, a power which is equal to God in some areas, but not all, and this power is what the devil will use with the people of the earth to conquer them and not the computer of today. The mark that will be implanted to human beings is not even a computer chip.

15. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

what happened to defininition number 1?

We should also look at this as well.

And the only place it is used in the NT.

#15 Inquiring Mind, Aug 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  16. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

So who is your discipler?

I pray that you have finally found a real church . . .

:praying:

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

sounds like you are saying that the Philippines is the kingdom of the anti-christ . . .

Do you really believe that?

18. Inquiring Mind

What better way to usher in the Mark of the Beast unknowingly by making an implanted computer chip mandatory in order to fight this holy "War on Terrorism". If you want to travel via mass transit (plane, train, bus) you will have to be marked in order to insure the safety of all. A very thoughtful way to force a mark under the guise of Peace. It's coming to America sooner than you think.

19. Inquiring Mind

Even if our own Government says we should do it in the "War on Terror"?

I know there will be a lot of women who currently to profess Jesus is Lord, but when push comes to shove, most women will cave in when they see their children starving because they can't buy food. Especially those women that sport pictures of their children everywhere.

Also how many will denounce God and Christ when giving one of two choices:

A. Denounce God
    or
    B. Watch you children be tortured and killed.

How many will actually have the faith of Abraham and offer their children to torture and death in lieu of denying God?

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is all interesting speculation. It is too bad for you that the Bible doesn't teach it. It is your speculation without any iota of Biblical foundation.