1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Masters

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Apr 12, 2008.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Will this be the start of Tiger's grandslam year?

Will Lefty find a way to win?

Or will it be an unknown guy?

I am pulling for Lefty!

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I am pulling for Lefty too.
    Tiger would have to make an amazing comeback to win.

3. PastorSBC1303

Why do you say that? Currently he is only 4 shots back.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Aside from some locals, I like Phil, too, but don't hate Tiger like some. Golf is just too unpredictable. Sunday at the Masters is one of the great days in sports.

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Because last time I checked he was further back than that. If he is four shots off then yeah, he can win.

6. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lefty keeps falling farther back. So many have played their ways OUT of contention that there is only 4 guys between Tiger and the lead. I'd never count him out and I'd like to see him win the grand slam, but I think it will be someone else, maybe one like Immelman or Snedeker. I bet they're glad they aren't paired with Woods. :laugh:

7. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I always root for the field against Tiger, so I was glad with the outcome. I don't want Tiger to break Jack's majors record, even though it is a forgone conclusion. But it would at least be interesting if Tiger was in his 40's before he breaks it. How old is he now? 32? 13 majors right now, correct?

There's just nothing to like about Tiger, other than his talent.

8. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

What is there to dislike about Tiger?

I am not a huge golf fan so I dont follow it too close. I didnt know if Tiger did something that only golf fans are aware of.

9. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

1) How people worship him. Granted this isn't entirely his fault, but he doesn't discourage it.

2) His cockiness. He seems to have no sense of gratitude.

3) His foul mouth and bad temper.

4) His whining when a putt doesn't break the way he thought. I can't stand the fact that he thinks every ball he hits should be perfect. This goes back to no. 2.

5) His work-a-holicism. Sure he is talented. Sure he works and works at the game. But at what cost?

6) Would be a horrible dinner guest. I get the feeling that he would be bored with any conversation that doesn't have to do with (a) golf or (b) himself.

7) He's always the favorite. I like the unexpected in sports.

10. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

8) How the media and everybody else expects, even demands that you like Tiger. Why do I have to like him? Why do I have to root for him?

I like Jack Nicklaus much better and I don't want Woods to beat his record. There, I said it. Jack is the anti-Tiger in his demeanor and class.

11. PastorSBC1303

I do not like or dislike Tiger. But either way he is the greatest golfer of all time and will shatter Jack's record.

12. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Whoever it was that said Sunday at the Masters is the best...you may be right.
    I thought Tiger would pull it out a time or two. I can't imagine there being a scarier place in sports than the top of the leaderboard in one of the Majors and Tiger Woods being in 2nd place just a few shots behind.

13. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

But yet, he has never won a major when he was trailing after 54 holes. Tiger seems to be at his best when he is ahead, not when he is behind. Of course, I'm sure he's come from behind a lot on Fridays and Saturdays, but just not on Sundays.

14. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Amen Brother, amen. Not that it is gospel but just a little hung over from the "Amen Corner". :laugh: