1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The ME fallacy's false inheritance

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

The heresy of ME has been described as an inheritance. According to the false theology espoused it is an inheritance that a born again Christian can lose. They also assert that the message of the NT is the Millenium Kingdom message. However Peter blows this out of the water:

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Once again I took the liberty to bold the part that you seem to want to ignore. What salvation do these "saved" folks have "waiting" for them to be revealed "in the last time."

I thought once you were saved you were saved and that was it. But this verse says there is a salvation awaiting the already saved. Looks like you all have failed again.

But I do enjoy when you bring up Scripture because all you do is dig yourselves bigger holes each time you bring them up!

By the way what exactly do "you" think we are going to inherit II Timothy?

3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

The one passage blows all of ME out of the water, doesn't it?

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

And what you chose to overlook is that this inheritance is incorrptable. However yours isnt.

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Not only does it not, but it shows that there is a "salvation" for the already saved which you people keep insisting there is only one salvation. But this text alone proves that to be incorrect.

Again I wonder what kind of salvation these "saved" people are "waiting" on?

6. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Way to dodge the issue. Can't answer a question just change the subject. I know the tactic all to well from you all. And just because the inheritance is incorruptible, doesn't mean you are guaranteed to receive it. What it is and what it is not makes no difference to whether you get it or not.

A million dollars is still a million dollars whether I have it or not. And right now I don't :). But that doesn't change what a million dollars looks like or is.

7. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

How incorruptible was God's promise to Abraham? The promise can be incorruptible and still be conditional. Just ask Esau, who owned the inheritance by birth, just like we do.

lacy

8. standingfirminChrist

Not only do you not have the million dollars, but you also don't have a clue.

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

:laugh: I only see this part of the conversation and I still think it's funny.

You da bomb.

10. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

OOOooooohhhh!!! Slam!!! You got him there brother.

Way to answer with scripture!!

You're hoary head only slightly inspires in me the need to temper my sarcasm.

You debate like my sixth grade students.

lacy

#10 Lacy Evans, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2007
  11. standingfirminChrist

Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I [am] the LORD. (Leviticus 19:32)

Maybe you should listen to me and learn... you might even learn from your 6th graders as well.

12. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

So we can learn how to better poke fun at a fellow believer or speak evil concerning another? No thanks. I'll pass on that lesson!

13. 2 Timothy2:1-4

No sir. it is you who changd the subject. In fact you went completely off topic. The topic of this thread is defined by the title and the first post. It is this subject that is to be discussed in this thread. You could not answer it so you avoided it.

Again ME falls apart in the face of scripture as I have provided in the main post.

14. standingfirminChrist

It is not I speaking evil concerning others. You, JJump, are the one placing saved, sealed, justified, glorified, saints in outer darkness or hell or the lake of fire. It is you speaking evil of God's people.

***Edited to delete Proper name and insert "Screen" name***

***Moderator note: Please do not refer to posters by their common/given name***

#14 standingfirminChrist, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2007
  15. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: To bad they don't allow more laughing symbols.

16. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It's a good thing there is a limit of four or I may have taken up the entire bandwidth. You folks would be truly funny if . . .

17. 2 Timothy2:1-4

More avoidance of the issue I see jjump. :thumbs:

18. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I already addressed your "issue" but still got accused of avoiding it, so it doesn't matter what I say you will cry "More avoidance of the issue I see jjump."

So I will leave you to your game playing.

19. 2 Timothy2:1-4

It shows neither. What it does show is that the inheritance is incorruptable, undefiled, and fadeth not away. But your inhereitance is none os these things.

And the salvation they are waiting on is our full redemption on the day Christ returns. None of us have seen our full redemption our complete salvation. Which is sealed by the promise of the Holy Ghost.

Eph 4:30 - And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Eph 1:13 - In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 2Co 1:22 - Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Now you still have not addressed the op except to say "It does not". No scripture ( as usual)

#19 2 Timothy2:1-4, Aug 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007
  20. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

That's because you provided the Scripture remember? I was justing using what you already put forward. But I guess in your world that doesn't count as using Scripture since I didn't quote it or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.