1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Me Me Me Me Culture.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Mar 13, 2014.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not read the book. Looking at the summary on Amazon, it may have come out of the No Place for Truth thinking which sparked the Cambridge Confession in 1996. So I suppose it is dealing with much of the same topic (but that's just from reading the summary). Would you recommend The Way of the (Modern) World?

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I would. I read it in a class in 2002 and it was very very deep. Last June I picked it up and gave it a read again and yes very very deep. I am an evangelist and my thinking abilities and intellectual abilities may not match yours, so perhaps you can read it and give me a better picture of what its teaching.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. I’ll check it out. And I’m sure your intellectual abilities far exceed mine. What I lack in brains I make up for in patience. There is a benefit to slow and deliberate reading of challenging material.

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Being married I am finding it I do not have as much time to read as I did when I was in seminary and when I was single out of seminary.