1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Millennium 1,000-year period

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, May 17, 2006.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

well since I am not allowed to post anything from the book Great Controversy, you will have to go click on the link I gave you and read it! Scroll down to the last portion of the screen and you will see the very verse you just asked about and a commentary about it.

I would put the whole thing into my own words but I cant since it is difficult for me to type because of my illness.

Basically after the French Revolution Bible societies were formed and the Bible was allowed all over the world. Christianity was spread..

What this means "symboloically" as far as the two witnesses being "taken up" into the clouds and their enemies beheld them... is that now God took things in His own hands... and He made it where the prophecies of the two witnesses (the Bible) were seen by all.. all over the world. You know, like everybody sees the Moon... all over the world, etc...

the secondary meaning is like when Jesus had done His work, and He was crucified, and was taken up into the clouds and then the Holy Spirit was sent... Kind of like the Bible had "done it's work" that it was supposed to do... and now it was sent universally around to everyone.. Kind of like at the second coming of Christ when He comes out of the clouds and the Bible says "every eye shall see Him"...

Its hard to explain but I hope you get what I am saying...

well the very thing the enmies of the Bible did to try to stamp them out ended up making it to where the knowledge of the Bible was spread all over the place... People began realizing the results of doing away with the Scriptures and trying to "stamp out God" so to speak... the results were terrible... and people started turning to the Scriptures...

2. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks to Claudia and Wopik.
    Sometime later when it is available, I will read those links.
    Anyway, I think my job is to let you know the truth and the later is up to you, and hope you remember what I said about Rev 11.
    One day Lord clearly showed me about Rev 12, which tells about the Man-child who was born and taken up, then the woman fled to the wilderness and survived until the dragon persecute her finally and there are remnant of the woman.
    This means that only chapter 12 itself is embracing the period from Jesus Christ to the end times, which means 2000 years.
    Anyway I hope Lord help you to understand the truth and keep you in peace of Jesus Christ.

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Okay well I can see that one thing you apparently dont realize is that in Bible prophecies of Revelation things arent always spelled out in "Proper" timelines as they occured in order..

for instance, Revelation chapter 12 also says AFTER the part about the child being born (Jesus)

THIS, which is talking about when Lucifer was thrown out of heaven,,, and we know that occurred BEFORE Jesus was born

7: And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
    8: And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    9: And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's the start of the Tribulation. Lucifer is not mentioned there but Dragon is expelled.

Important thing is that the chapter includes the Birth of Christ and the End of the times. In the meantime the Woman spend 1260 days in the wilderness ( of this World).

The Remnant will continue to fight in ch 13.