1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Millennium: What's the Point?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Aaron, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnf

Johnf Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To what? Where is your scriptural backing.

2. Johnf

Johnf Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Where does it say there is a reestablishment of the law. The jews will rebuild it, they will sacrifice, but that doesn't reestablish the law anymore than refusing to eat shellfish or pork does.

3. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aaron, you're confusing the Mellennial Reign with the "Tribulation" period. Israel will reestablish the Law/Temple during the "Tribulation". I disagree with hyper-dispies in that "works plus faith" will save people in the Tribulation period. They will reestablish the Law, Only to See that Christ is the One who fulfills it. This they will recognize on a National Level, all will repent, Christ sets up His Kingdom on Earth. Faith Becomes Sight.

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

From 1:20 forward to 22:21 what would you think the order of the book is, relative to 1:19?

What do you think, are, the things which are, which would be the present, of that command?

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. - Paul

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. - Jesus

Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him? - James

Those covenants are fulfilled. There is only one thing for which Christ tarries, and that is for all the elect to be saved. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. - 2 Peter 3:9

Once He appears, it's over.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If days and feasts will be observed, then you're establishing the law. At the very least, you need to change your view of the Zechariah passage.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol. I don't buy your hermeneutic and it's because I haven't read Revelation. Dispensational Premillennialism is not Mormonism. More Baptists than not think it's Gospel.

I know there are different flavors of premillennialism, but don't think that your view is void of the trappings of the law. I think I've pointed out indisputably that it does.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You haven't provided any scripture here that shows the total fulfillment of those covenants. Sorry.

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You haven't provided any scripture that shows the partial fulfillment.

I'm sorry you're hung up on your own arbitrary stipulations. Did Christ come to fulfill the law AND the Prophets?

He said He did. Did He fail?

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did He say He fulfilled them all, everyone, at that coming? Further, how is it you have defined my so called stipulations as arbitrary? What support do you have to make such a claim?

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's in the structure of Revelation, but again, if you want an in depth look at amillennialism, buy a book by one of it's proponents. "More than Conquerors" by Hendriksen is a good one.

Amillennialists believe in the millennium of Revelation 20 just as they believe every word of Scripture. I believe the righteous take refuge in the shadow of God's wings. That doesn't mean I believe God has feathery appendages. Neither is the Psalm asserting anything like that. If Psalm 57:1 were Revelation 20, you'd be arguing for feathers, and I would not be.

Anyway. Do your own homework. To glibly dismiss the amillennial point of view as liberal or new (for it most assuredly is not) and unbelieving because you have questions about it is disingenuous.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    *sigh*

You won't bite because you know it undoes your argument. So I will take this to it's logical end.

Did Christ come to fulfill the law and the prophets?

Yes.

Did He fail?

No.

Here endeth the lesson.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok well if you are going to accuse rather than have a discussion I am not interested. You do not know my motivation and your accusation is unfounded and unchristian. This is an example of why people leave this board.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Johnf

Johnf Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are mistaking Jews following their tradition with the reestablishment of the Law. The Jews practices don't affect Christ's relationship with his bride any more than the Mormans or Scientology. The difference is that when they do start it, Christians will have an idea of the the season for Christ's return. You never did say why the prophesies of Revelation should be treated differently than OT prophesies. What about Thessalonians and other writings of Paul? Do you place them in the same category with Revelation or can they be as reliable as Daniel and Isaiah?

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All: Here's a sermon on Rev. 20:1-6 from a series of hours and hours of exposition. (Buying Hendriksen's book will be more time effective. :) )

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=218070164

16. Johnf

Johnf Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dismiss it because I don't think it has any realistic biblical merit and you've given me no reason not to. I'm not going to buy a book on something that I don't see any merit in. So what is it you believe about the Millennium. How exactly does an amillennialist claim to believe in it?

There is too much of what you say that completely defies logic.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol. It takes two, Rev.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine. Then focus on my point, and that is the trappings of the law in your view.

19. Johnf

Johnf Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    /\ This statement makes no sense.

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep saying the law is not reestablished, but where does one go to find out about the feast of tabernacles and how to observe it? The law. And, in your view, what happens to those who don't observe it? They're stricken with plagues and drought.

Now tell me again how you're not reestablishing the law.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.