1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The millions who died before...

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Agent47, Jan 30, 2017.

?
  1. Yes they will, all of them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No they won't, all of them will perish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Some will resurrect to life, the rest to everlasting damnation

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. We don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Who cares?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. They will be second class 'resurrectees', not exactly among the Elect, and not really in hell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is a follow up thread to another which tackled the fate of the unreached.

I have in mind guys like Simeon-Luke 2:25, Anna, daughter of Phanuel-Luke 2:36, Joseph, Jesus' dad(or so it was thought...said to have died before Calvary),Moses,Joshua,David,Jezebel,Goliath,Uriah,Aristotle,Plato......basically The era when God winked- Acts 17:30

I have read or heard of a daring ambitious spin which has Jesus preaching to these in Hades.

I've also read of application of the merits of Calvary in retrospect...not too sure how it works out.

I'd like to hear about it by any who subscribe to such.

Please give some rationale for your vote or response. State your position first, and then clarify or substantiate. This helps in appreciating your point of view or argument before attempting to (mis)understand it

#1 Agent47, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  2. AndThisGospel

AndThisGospel Member

Gentiles who rejected God

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen

...28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness...32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Gentiles who accepted God

14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

3. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wonderful scriptures here but what's your point?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Hebrews 13 we read of the Old Testament saints who died in faith without receiving the promises. But they saw and welcomed them from a distance. Jesus tells us that Abraham longed to see His day, and rejoiced to see it come.

I believe that faith has always been in Jesus Christ (the Word, Promise, Provision, Light). Salvation has always been the same - by faith in Christ, and in truth by faith in the Cross (although concealed through distance). Those who were faithful to God back then are as those who are faithful today. The Object of that faith is always Christ.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You remind me of a song I like. Not sure if posting YouTube links is wrong. If it is please remove it

Based on 1 Peter 1:12.

If you don't or won't like it then I will lobby to strip you of your Mod credentials

6. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes @JonC, I had to pause and replay that sing generally. It corroborates what you say; faith has always pointed to Christ. That's what prophets

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was not familiar with that song, but I like it.

I'm not sure about the lobbying to un-mod me part. I think this is the 1st time a non-Calvinist responded with the idea, but hey... this isn't my primary source of income so we're good either way. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1