1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The mistake....of obeying the LORD

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by stilllearning, Aug 12, 2011.

1. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

It really isn’t a mistake to obey the Lord, although sometimes it seems to be:
    (When things happen....we don’t think are good.)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Here is an example of a “faithful preacher” obeying the Lord...........
    Acts 28:28-29
    V.28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and [that] they will hear it.
    V.29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

Here we have the end of a sermon Paul preached: A sermon that was a wonderful opportunity to establish a work in Rome; When Paul had been invited to preach to a large crowd of Jews and Gentiles.
    But Paul blew it, by following God’s instructions in this message.

Once again, Paul didn’t really blow it; But when you say something, that makes everybody mad and they leave; To us, that seems like a mistake.
    Paul knew what would happen when he said this, because it had happened before...........
    (Acts 22:21-22)

Here, in Acts 28, Paul could have preached all day long about Jesus(who He was and what He did), but that wasn’t God’s will at this time.

Paul had learned, that it was more important to follow the Lord’s instructions, even if it ran everybody off.
    This same things happens to me: For example.....When ever the Lord lays it upon my heart to say something about women being in subjection to their husbands, it makes people mad and some times they leave my Church.

But it's always more important to obey the LORD, regardless of what will happen!