1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Morning Word: Psalm 40:6-8

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Reformed, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psalm 40:6-8 Sacrifice and meal offering You have not desired; My ears You have opened; Burnt offering and sin offering You have not required. Then I said, "Behold, I come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me. I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your Law is written in my heart."

The psalmist was not suggesting that the Old Covenant sacrificial system was to be abandoned during his time. He was saying that the Lord is more concerned with His children delighting to do His will. God is concerned with the affections of our heart. In another psalm David writes, "For you do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it; You are not pleased with burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise" (Psalm 51:17-18).