1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The most important

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Jul 20, 2012.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I'm with you fellers."

Hank hit the nail on the head. A new commandment I give you.

2. 12strings

12strings Active Member

1. Change Psychics???!!!!! I thought you didn't believe in Mental Illness!! :)

2. A person can put lots of effort into obeying God's commands to the neglect of obeying God's greatest commands, to Love him and others and to Believe the Gospel. The Pharisees did it. They were very careful about obedience. (See Romans 10:1-3)

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He tells us with His Greatest Commandment and His second greatest commandment. And those two commandments cover the Great Commission with which He has tasked us.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

IMO, our number one reason for being here is to tell others about the Gospel. We are also here to worship and praise the Lord. After that, we are to lead a life that pleases Christ.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

This is about Christians not the lost.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I think you have it backwards.
    Mat 6:33
    But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    jesus kept the law perfectly, as intended to by god, so when we are saved, God justifies us in him to be as he was, perfect law keeper...

After that point, need to walk in the Holy Spirit, in order not to do lusts of the flesh!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    many christians even are burdened down to "the law", as they still try to please God and keep saved by doing good works, but jesus will produce those works in us when we lean upon the Holy spirit in us now, to realise its Chrsit in me allowing me to do whatever needs to get done!

9. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I'll agree with FAL here, Sharing the Gospel would fall under the SECOND great commandment (love your neighbor). We will be more effective and faithful witnesses when we make love for God our highest aim...Love for others in witnessing flows out of that.

Its similar to the thing you hear preaches say at weddings: "Only by loving Christ FIRST will you be able to love your spouse BEST." (If I put my spouse above Christ, I am actually doing her a dis-service.)

10. 12strings

12strings Active Member

Even True Christians can forget the true basis of their salvation, and begin to think that it depends on their obedience. That is why Paul says,

Col. 2: 6 - Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him,

Also, while acknowledging areas of obedience...Jesus rebukes the church in Ephesus:

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our Lord even while doing good works such as healing, teaching, miracles etc had times where he HAD to go to intimate fellowship with the father and cease from working!

12. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Easy answer: I am to love the Lord my God with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my strength and with all my mind'; and, 'Love my neighbor as myself.

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That was not my question. Where does it teach that Jesus will keep the commandments for us?

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

So wjhat does that have to do with what I said? "This is about Christians not the lost"

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

True but they are not being rebuked for the obediance. I don't understand your point.

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes and if we love Him we will keep His commandments.

17. 12strings

12strings Active Member

My point is what you said in your last post: "If we love him we will keep his commandments." Love comes first, keeping commandment's follows, therefore love is our most important duty to God...keeping commandments follows love.

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    we are fully justified because jesus DID keep the law perfectly, and his deathbwas acceptable as a spotless lamb...

that justifies us, after saved by God, we live to God THRU the power of the Holy spirit in us!

Don't focus on keeping the law as a means to keep saved, duty/obligation, but when yield to the Spirit, he lives out the law in and thru us!

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 choices though! out of duty/obligation, paying Him back for saving us, wrong!

Out of thanksgiving and love for the Lord, yes!

And MUST rely upon the Holy spirit enabling us to do such, period!