1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Most Neglected Book in the Bible...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by PastorSBC1303, Feb 22, 2006.

1. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    John Gill preached 122 sermons on the Song of Songs on consecutive Sundays and published them, along with the Targum with his own notes.

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I figured one of the minor prophets, like Nahum. My pastor says Ruth is rarely preached from. The "whither thou goest|" passage is quoted at weddings, but that's about it. Come to think of it, I've never heard a sermon from Ruth or Nahum.

Tom B.

3. Convicted by the Spirit

I have not heard Obadiah preached in church but we got to here in it Bible college. Good stuff. 3 or 4 people in my oldedr family have a middle name Obadiah.

4. mioque

mioque New Member

"Come to think of it, I've never heard a sermon from Ruth or Nahum."
    "
    Weird. I thought that many churches simply preached through the whole Bible in a 1-3 year cycle.
    Mine does.
    I'm used to preachers speeding up when they reach books that don't do much for them, but not to books getting ignored alltogether.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Nahum is an awesome book with great messages therein. Surprised it is neglected.

6. gtbuzzarp

gtbuzzarp New Member

My vote is for "Song of Solomon".
    Don't think I've ever heard a sermon on it. Been to Bible studies that used Tommy Nelson's video series (which are very good btw), but apart from that nothing.